phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Black Antitoon

Re: phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

Post by Black Antitoon »

It is likely to take several more months, if not over 1 year. Currently it is not yet in alpha stage, although this should happen very soon (how soon?). After the alpha stage, developers correct me if I am wrong, it must go through beta and RC stage, and only then after that the final version will be released. Anyway, phpBB 3.0 started receiving full support at RC stage already.

EDIT: typo.
Last edited by Black Antitoon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

3.1 will be released in 2095. My grandson will be installing it!

Jessica.

Post by Jessica. »

Alien_Time wrote:3.1 will be released in 2095. My grandson will be installing it!
:lol:

None of mine will be since I never want children. Unless I can get my brothers' grandchildren to do it :lol:

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Mess wrote:I just got this error:
Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1668157411

Varnish cache server
I just saw the same error on this board too. I went to phpbb and clicked on the area51 redirection link in the community support forum and this exact error popped up on screen. I then refreshed the page and it went away and I was able to see the area51 board index page after refreshing. Weird!

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

EXreaction wrote:That is a Varnish error--it is not related to phpBB.

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

Guys, please be respectful of the devs. It's taking a long time, true, but remember that they are working for us for free. ;)

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Black Antitoon wrote:Guys, please be respectful of the devs. It's taking a long time, true, but remember that they are working for us for free. ;)
Who is being disrespectful?

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

Making fun on the release date and the grandsons, in particular in an information topic on the development board (as opposed to a general chit-chat section) is, if not disrespectful, at least not nice IMO.

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Black Antitoon wrote:Making fun on the release date and the grandsons, in particular in an information topic on the development board (as opposed to a general chit-chat section) is, if not disrespectful, at least not nice IMO.
Honestly you are so up tight and a suck up. There is nothing disrespectful about what I said. I know the dev are working on their free time which I appreciate. but still it has been a really slow development and there is nothing wrong in comenting on it with a humor. Honestly you don't have any sense of humor so don't bother carrying on and taking this way too off-topic.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Let's please be respectful of each other.