Auto pruning closed reports

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Avdon

Auto pruning closed reports

Post by Avdon »

Hello,
Closed reports are not helpful after a period of time.
In my board I don't see why closed reports belong to 1 year ago (for example) should be kept, the only thing they do is using storage space! So I try to keep the ones belong to 30 days and less, and delete the others. I don't actually remember to do that every day or even every month! And when I do remember there would be 30-40 pages of closed reports that I should delete, which is really hard and give me headache!
So, I was thinking if there is a feature to auto prune closed reports, from those who belongs to more than a month, it would be very useful.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Auto pruning closed reports

Post by DavidIQ »

Might be good...for 3.2. 3.1 is not the place for this though as we are trying to finish up development.

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

DavidIQ wrote:Might be good...for 3.2. 3.1 is not the place for this though as we are trying to finish up development.
This could probably go in a minor version. I like the idea (although I don't think I'm capable of implementing it).
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

Avdon

Post by Avdon »

Ok, I'll post a new topic in [3.2/Arsia] Discussion.

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

I'm just going to move this topic to avoid duplicates.