DNSBL

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
jsebean

DNSBL

Post by jsebean »

DNSBL is included in phpBB 3.0 but I don't think it really works too good. First it may block legit members from registering or from posting. What it should do, is allow the admin customize it. Eg. the ideal customization i think it would be is, allow people to register even if the ip is "blacklisted". It should also all the user to post, but not allow it to go through with approval. That way if it contains spam, the of course you don't have to approve it, and if it doesn't contain spam, then you didn't drive away a legit member. If the user posts and their IP is not blacklisted, then it wouldn't require approval unless the board is setup to require approval.

Maybe this isn't a good idea, and im not saying it should be included in 3.1, but i think it would be a good idea. I don't think 3.1 is any longer taking RFCs, maybe move it for 3.2 or do whatever you mods what to do with it :D
-Jonah

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: DNSBL

Post by DavidIQ »

jsbean wrote:Maybe this isn't a good idea, and im not saying it should be included in 3.1, but i think it would be a good idea. I don't think 3.1 is any longer taking RFCs, maybe move it for 3.2 or do whatever you mods what to do with it :D
If you knew that then why didn't you just post this in the 3.2 forum? :roll:

Moved...

jsebean

Post by jsebean »

LOL thanks for moving it then ;)
-Jonah

MartinTruckenbrodt

Post by MartinTruckenbrodt »

Hello jsbean,
BTW: There is a validated Olympus MOD increasing this feature very much.

Bye Martin
Advanced Block MOD 1.1.1 has been released! - Prevent spam on your phpBB3 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists! - My MODs