Deleting multiple users

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Archie

Deleting multiple users

Post by Archie »

I'm finding I hate the interface to delete people.

Having just gotten back from hiatus and given rights to the forums, I find I have 3k+ Spammers with memberships that
other officers got tired of dealing with (I'm too tenacious to give up)...

Why is there not a way to choose multiple users (in manage users) to delete at once? Managing groups doesn't do it either (I should be able
to DELETE there as well).

igorw

Re: Deleting multiple users

Post by igorw »

You know about the prune users feature, right?

Related: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=32871

evolbaby

Post by evolbaby »

What he means is we need a simple interface that allows us to delete users, their posts, and block them.

We don't need to spend half our lives doing this. Nor do we need to take a college course in how to install
these ridiculously complicated scripts.

Why these features aren't included as a time saving service is beyond comprehension.

stevemaury
Support Team
Support Team

Post by stevemaury »

evolbaby wrote:What he means is we need a simple interface that allows us to delete users, their posts, and block them.

We don't need to spend half our lives doing this. Nor do we need to take a college course in how to install
these ridiculously complicated scripts.

Why these features aren't included as a time saving service is beyond comprehension.
You mean maybe like this one?
Attachments
prune.png
(51.92 KiB) Downloaded 3290 times

mikefairbanks

Post by mikefairbanks »

I would like to be able to bring up the members page, and just check boxes next to users I want to delete... there's to many dang spammers out there to have to do it one by one!

Ger

Post by Ger »

mikefairbanks wrote:there's to many dang spammers out there to have to do it one by one!
You'd better prevent spam than deal with it. ;)
Above message may contain errors in grammar, spelling or wrongly chosen words. This is because I'm not a native speaker. My apologies in advance.

mikefairbanks

Post by mikefairbanks »

Ger wrote:
mikefairbanks wrote:there's to many dang spammers out there to have to do it one by one!
You'd better prevent spam than deal with it. ;)
Wow, now that's insightful. I want a magic wand too. I'll show you my ban list if you show me yours... maybe with both combined we might be able to prevent spammers for a day or two!

mikefairbanks

Post by mikefairbanks »

Sorry, that was pretty smarmy... but my point is, even using the methods described there, to many spam accounts still get created. On my smaller boards it may only be one or two a month... but on one of my larger boards, it's probably anywhere from 10 - 50 a month.

I would just like a simple, fast method to select multiple users, delete their accounts, their posts, and ban their email address or domain.