giveable permissions

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Avdon

giveable permissions

Post by Avdon »

Hello
I was thinking that for "work groups" It could be better if users can give their permissons or some of them to other users. So when the admin give a user the permissions A,B,C,D he also is giving him the permission to give A,B,C,D permissions to other users.
ameeck

Re: giveable permissions

Post by ameeck »

Why don't you try to take this thought a bit further? Use cases where the current functionality does not work, if it should be just extended or completely remade in some cases. I can't imagine an example where this would be useful and all use cases I can think of can work with current permission settings (in terms of acquiring permissions).

In order to propose a change here, you need to justify your idea and give a more elaborate suggestion.
Please think before you post.