I have a question

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
ConnieMason

I have a question

Post by ConnieMason »

Hi you all! So here is my question: Is it necessary to keep the default roles for future testing of extensions? Thanks in advance.

3Di

Re: I have a question

Post by 3Di »

Is it necessary to remove them? Spoiler: no.
Use your roles and leave them in place, this way you will avoid issues in the future.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

warmweer

Re: I have a question

Post by warmweer »

With all due respect but the question doesn't make sense.
The default roles (as any roles) provide an easy quick way to set permissions for a user/group. If they are removed you either have to make new roles or set each individual permission per user/group.

Also keep in mind that the default roles can be a welcome fallback if your custom permission set doesn't give the expected results.
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.