html validation errors

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Prosk8er

html validation errors

Post by Prosk8er »

so got bored this morning and started running pages through the validator and found some errors/warnings for 3.3.x
memberlist_team.html
Error: Bad value for attribute action on element form: Must be non-empty.

Code: Select all

<form method="post" action="{S_MODE_ACTION}">
upon digging looks like {S_MODE_ACTION} is not set in the memberlist.php for the team case

Error: Duplicate ID team.
Warning: The first occurrence of ID team was here.

<table class="table1" id="team">
because there is 2 groups in the team page it copy's the table. is the id needed?
i removed the id on localhost and didn't notice any issues or changes

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-16814
i can do a pull request also at least for the second one if removing the id is ok

Prosk8er

Re: html validation errors

Post by Prosk8er »

bumping this

and also ran every html i could through the validator
and need help with the following so i can make a PR for ucp

ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=personal (styles/prosilver/template/timezone_option.html)
Error: Attribute timezone-preselect not allowed on element input at this point.

<input type="button" id="tz_select_date_suggest" class="button2" style="display: none;" timezone-preselect="<!-- IF S_TZ_PRESELECT -->true<!-- ELSE -->false<!-- ENDIF -->" data-l-suggestion="{L_TIMEZONE_DATE_SUGGESTION}" value="{L_TIMEZONE_DATE_SUGGESTION}" />
ucp.php?i=ucp_groups&mode=manage (styles/prosilver/template/ucp_groups_manage.html)
Error: Bad value for attribute action on element form: Must be non-empty.

<form id="ucp" method="post" action="{S_UCP_ACTION}"{S_FORM_ENCTYPE}>
S_UCP_ACTION isn't set in includes/ucp/ucp_groups.php for the manage function

i did find some other errors/warnings that i was able to fix but want to wait till these 2 above issues are solved so i can submit 1 PR for ucp

3Di

Post by 3Di »

The first thing that comes to my mind is how the validator can access UCP/ACP/MCP as it is not authorised. :roll:

The second thing is that if you don't know how to fix it, you could open a ticket for every single problem in the tracker and let the developers decide whether or not to intervene.

The third is that sooner or later the *CP modules will be ported to controllers, so it's probably not worth spending time on this.

This is just my conjecture though.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

i viewed source and pasted into the validator

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Which IMHO makes no sense also as per the above points.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Prosk8er

Post by Prosk8er »

ik i got bored lol i'll just fix the easy ones and leave the rest for now or open tickets

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

if its code generated from the back-end then mark/flag it in a ticket for removal from the backend as we are going to have to factor all of that out eventually.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

david63

Post by david63 »

hanakin wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:41 pm removal from the backend as we are going to have to factor all of that out
Out of interest who is going to do this refactoring and go through every core .php file to find any html that may be in them? Also if this "refactoring" is done will it not break prosilver?
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

As we work the new theme all of it will work itself out or become obsolete! As we refactor it will be ported over where possible. It all has to be done in order to build a new theme. Prosilver will only get updates to what is changed. There maybe some legacy stuff that remains untouched as it’s may not be required for the new theme. Especially as we convert things over to controllers/rework the control panels anyway.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image