Errors after Anti-Bot Question installation

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
KerryO

Re: Errors after Anti-Bot Question installation

Post by KerryO »

Yes, I put the correct answer in the ACP, two variations, Georgia and georgia. I'm pretty sure I spelled it right, too :roll:

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

KerryO wrote:Okay, you're right as usual :) . That notepad++ works very well and is easy on the eyes, too - thanks for the great advice as I'll use it in the future. So I'm not getting error messages now and it seems to be working perfectly except when I do a test registration it says "No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered." even though I entered the answer I typed in on the ACP. What am I doing wrong? Also, in the ACP it asks for an answer 1 and an answer 2. Is that to provide two different "right" answers?
Also, check your edits to includes/ucp/ucp_register.php as there is code that is very similar in a find...but they are different and it does make a difference.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

KerryO

Post by KerryO »

I went back and re-did the ucp_register.php, but still no luck. My version has an en_us option for the language which I'm using. I modified the "en" files but uploaded them back to the "en_us" language file. Would that make a difference? I went back and put in British English for the language when trying to register and that didn't make a difference. I changed the answer to "123" and that didn't help. Can I just modify the code and put the correct answer in, rather than the field code that correlates the text box in the ACP panel? What would I need to substitute?

Did I not do something correctly in SQL? It looked like it worked okay.

a_o_c

Post by a_o_c »

did you do the SQL queries? dumb, but you never know... :D

KerryO

Post by KerryO »

enable_abquestion 1 0
abquestion In which state is this running club located? 0
abanswer 123 0
Yes, I can see the values in the phpbb_config table database in phpMyAdmin, so I think that's okay.

I guess I will disable it for now. Maybe it'll start working tomorrow :?

KerryO

Post by KerryO »

It's working now. It turns out I had added the line of code in the ucp_register.php file that was supposed to be under this line:

Code: Select all

'tz'				=> request_var('tz', (float) $timezone),
under this line by mistake:

Code: Select all

'tz'				=> request_var('tz', (float) $config['board_timezone']),
Thanks very much for all your help. I'm very relieved to have the puzzle solved at last. After I get some new reading glasses everything will be fine. :oops: