Errors after Anti-Bot Question installation

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
KerryO

Errors after Anti-Bot Question installation

Post by KerryO »

I believe I followed all the steps correctly, inserting the fields in the database via phpMyAdmin, editing and uploading the 5 files, and changing the registration page template. I'm able to see the Anti-Bot input information in the ACP. The problem is, I'm now getting errors. This one appears on the ACP:
phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en_us/acp/board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en_us/acp/board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en_us/acp/board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en_us/acp/board.php:1)
And this one on the main page:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en_us/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en_us/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en_us/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en_us/common.php:1)
And I get one similar to the above only for ucp.php:1.

I installed the mod to add random header images. Would that have something to do with it? Any suggestions would be most appreciated. The url is http://www.macontracks.org/forum (I've reverted to the original files for now to avoid the errors). I'm using a slightly modified subsilver2. I do not speak php and am semi-fluent in html. Thanks!

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Errors after Anti-Bot Question installation

Post by Brf »

What did you use to edit your files?
You need to get a copy of Notepad++ and re-save the two language files mentioned in those errors (/language/en_us/acp/board.php and /language/en_us/common.php). Make sure you re-save them using Encoing "ITF-8(w/o BOM)"

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Brf wrote:What did you use to edit your files?
You need to get a copy of Notepad++ and re-save the two language files mentioned in those errors (/language/en_us/acp/board.php and /language/en_us/common.php). Make sure you re-save them using Encoing "ITF-8(w/o BOM)"
"UTF-8(w/o BOM)" ;)
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

Arrg. My speeling is auwful todae.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Brf wrote:Arrg. My speeling is auwful todae.
Oooooh, Latin!! I like it :)
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

KerryO

Post by KerryO »

My notepad encoding is "UTF-8". I've never had trouble editing files with my computer's version of either Note Pad or Word Pad before. I went back through and re-did each file again just to make sure I didn't miss anything and making sure to save with the UTF-8 encoding. It's still giving errors:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
I'm about to give up, though I hate to as this worked so well on my phpbb2 forum to eliminate bots from registering. I wish it had come as a standard feature on the phpbb3 rather than having to go through all these steps to modify the code. Any other suggestions?

KeithR

Post by KeithR »

KerryO wrote:My notepad encoding is "UTF-8". I've never had trouble editing files with my computer's version of either Note Pad or Word Pad before. I went back through and re-did each file again just to make sure I didn't miss anything and making sure to save with the UTF-8 encoding. It's still giving errors:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acp/acp_board.php:1)
I'm about to give up, though I hate to as this worked so well on my phpbb2 forum to eliminate bots from registering. I wish it had come as a standard feature on the phpbb3 rather than having to go through all these steps to modify the code. Any other suggestions?
Download notepad++ as already suggested :)

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

Yes. MSNotepad and Wordpad will save with Encoding UTF-8(w/BOM) when editing language files, and therefore will cause that error message.

KerryO

Post by KerryO »

Okay, you're right as usual :) . That notepad++ works very well and is easy on the eyes, too - thanks for the great advice as I'll use it in the future. So I'm not getting error messages now and it seems to be working perfectly except when I do a test registration it says "No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered." even though I entered the answer I typed in on the ACP. What am I doing wrong? Also, in the ACP it asks for an answer 1 and an answer 2. Is that to provide two different "right" answers?

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

KerryO wrote:Okay, you're right as usual :) . That notepad++ works very well and is easy on the eyes, too - thanks for the great advice as I'll use it in the future. So I'm not getting error messages now and it seems to be working perfectly except when I do a test registration it says "No Anti-Bot Question Answer Entered." even though I entered the answer I typed in on the ACP. What am I doing wrong? Also, in the ACP it asks for an answer 1 and an answer 2. Is that to provide two different "right" answers?
Yes two correct answers.
Have you specified the answers in the ACP? :D
Long Live PhpBB!