ajax chat on 3.0.4

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
danny616

ajax chat on 3.0.4

Post by danny616 »

I have downloaded ajax chat 0.8.1.2 from ajaxchat.com(i think). im running 3.0.4 on my site on one of my sub domains i was wondering where i install this mod so its installed on the main header on the top of the page! ive never installed a mod or anything any help thanks! :D

i got the mod from https://blueimp.net/ajax/ its in a .tar format. any ideas? just want a simple chat on top of the site

danny616

Re: ajax chat on 3.0.4

Post by danny616 »

any help guys?

mzlan

Post by mzlan »

i am using the lastest ajax chat mod too. I am trying to have it on the forum, but not able to do so. I only can get it to work as a link.

danny616

Post by danny616 »

damn! i really want this chatbox cus it looks cool and like you dont need extra login ideas you use the ones alreay on the site! if you have anyluck msg me!

mzlan

Post by mzlan »

opps forgot i was using version 0.8.1.2 ajax chat. I tried version: 3.0.3 but got confused and gave up. I might redo it again and see. i'll let u know if i can get it to work.

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

Blueimp Ajax Chat in the footer might be worth a look.

mzlan

Post by mzlan »

oddfish wrote:Blueimp Ajax Chat in the footer might be worth a look.
odd fish, i tried that...but i got functions.php error ...so i had to reupload the file again...

I was working on ajax chat 3.04 did all the instructions til i got to this

DIY Instructions
These are manual instructions that cannot be performed automatically. You should follow these instructions carefully.

browse to chat_install.php?mode=install to install the chat database.
Remove the chat_install.php when you are finished

I dunno what to do there...am i suppose to delete the chat_install.php file and done?

Before deleteing it, i checked my forum. Got General Error Sql ...and other stuffs.. no idea again..went back to reuploaded my back up files. All the ajax chat files are still on the forum server. I dunno what i did wrong. I followed the directions closely, but dunno where i got it wrong.

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

Assuming your phpBB install is in the root, you have to browse to http://www.yourdomain.com/chat_install.php?mode=install to install the database tables. Then delete the file when it's finished.

mzlan

Post by mzlan »

k got the Ajax chat to work on my forum now, but now i need to find a way to get all the categories go under it.... thanks for the helps, kmklr and others.

mzlan

Post by mzlan »

got it to show in the index.html but its at the bottom of it. Need to figure out how to move back to the top of the index now