AntiBotQuestion Installation

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
azetras

AntiBotQuestion Installation

Post by azetras »

Hi all!

I tried to install this mod but I'm having a little trouble. I edited and uploaded all the files required but it also tells me this:
SQL
Code:Select All
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('enable_abquestion', '0', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('abquestion','','0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('abanswer','','0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value, is_dynamic) VALUES ('abanswer2','','0');
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it?? Could you please show me some instructions?

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Re: AntiBotQuestion Installation

Post by darcie »

These are to be entered into your database. Your host probably provides phpmyadmin to manage your databases, accessible through your hosting control panel. See Knowledge Base - Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin for some instructions and images on how to do this.

azetras

Post by azetras »

Thanks a lot Darcie but whenever I come to step 5 and click "go" it won't show the next page. It says "the page cannot be displayed" Is there anythign I can do ?

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

If you are having an error within phpmyadmin, you should contact your hosts and give them the details of what you are trying to do. This is part of what they give you to manage your site, and is not part of phpBB.

azetras

Post by azetras »

Thank you again Darcie, I contacted my hosting service. They asked me to use a different browser. I tried with Firefox and now it gives me this:
Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config( config_name, config_value, is_dynamic )
VALUES (
'enable_abquestion', '0', '0'
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry 'enable_abquestion' for key 1
It seems like a PHPBB problem. Or should I contact the hostign service again? Thank you.

a_o_c

Post by a_o_c »

that error means that it seems to already be in the database. click on the SQL tab and run this query:

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM `phpbb_config` WHERE `config_name` = 'abquestion' OR `config_name` = 'abanswer' OR `config_name` = 'abanswer2' OR `config_name` = 'enable_abquestion';
if it returns 4 rows, you are good to go.

azetras

Post by azetras »

Okie dokie, it does give me 4 lines. So I'm done with this SQL thing? Thanks a lot!

But there is a problem, I turn this antibotquestion on and when I try to register it doesn't ask me the question, there is no box/space/line/etc for me to enter the anwser either. But when I fill the rest of the forms and click register it tells me to answer the question and I can't register cause I can't answer the question. I'm pretty sure I edited the files in the correct way. Is this a common problem? Or did I actualyl do somethign wrong?

a_o_c

Post by a_o_c »

did you purge your cache? go to your ACP, on the General tab about halfway down, you will see "purge cache". click the "run now" button next to it. ;)

azetras

Post by azetras »

Oh man this computer thing is very complicated :) It's like rocket science to me. I purged the cache now but there is no change unfortunately. Any more ideas friend?

a_o_c

Post by a_o_c »

lets have a link to your board...