Real Name

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
stadt11

Real Name

Post by stadt11 »

I'm looking to integrate the Real Name (registered user's Full Name) into their registration & profile. I found this MOD while searching ("phpBB • View topic - REQ Real Name MOD adapted for phpBB 3" http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&start=15), but it's on the site that's currently down. Anyone know, or have, this mod? I get lots of users registered daily and there's no way of actually finding out if I know them or not.

Thanks for your assistance, much appreciated!

Adzyboy

Re: Real Name

Post by Adzyboy »

You can do it simply using Custom Profile Field.

stadt11

Post by stadt11 »

Is this the the hack you're talking about?

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/2121

If so, how do you implement it? There's no Read Me in the download.

>> EDIT: Just found the "Custom Profile" feature in "Users and Groups", please ignore my previous message.

stadt11

Post by stadt11 »

I have my "Full Name" text box created, I have "display profile field" set to YES, "display in control panel" is checked, "hide profile field" is unchecked - but this field does not display under the avatar of the user when they post. Suggestions to get this field to display?

>>EDIT: I should really look around the 'whole' ACP before I post a reply, found my answer by enabling the "Display custom profile fields on topic pages" within the Board Features on the General tab.

stadt11

Post by stadt11 »

New Question (I looked, promise, cannot find the answer) - how do you only show this Custom Profile Field for registered users/members and NOT Guests/Visitors?

griffinmt

Post by griffinmt »

What 'value' does show for guests?
Martyn T. Griffin

stadt11

Post by stadt11 »

griffinmt wrote:What 'value' does show for guests?
Can you be more specific? If you're asking about the Group Permissions for Guests, all options are set to NO instead of Allow Search.

Or are you asking somewhere else in ACP?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

If you don't want guests to see the custom profile fields then open up viewtopic_body.html

Find:

Code: Select all

<dd><strong>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
Replace with:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><dd><strong>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Clear your cache, and that should do it. No more custom profile fields shown to guests.

stadt11

Post by stadt11 »

Sweet! Thanks, that worked like a charm!!

stadt11

Post by stadt11 »

New scenario that appeared today, how do I set it so the "Name" cannot be the same as the Username? I'm finding users are using the NAME field the same as the USERNAME, I don't want to allow this, it should be something different.