need help - pre-approved user list, reply redirection

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
random99

need help - pre-approved user list, reply redirection

Post by random99 »

I am setting up part of phpBB prosilver, version 3.0 implementation to be a specialized jobs type board for a local professional group. I am pretty much a complete newbie to phpBB but things seem to be moving along OK. Three requests I would appreciate some help with are:

1- Is there a way to pre-approve registration for users applying from a wildcarded email domain? The thought is to permit logged-in user access to anyone applying with an authenticated .edu address or from a list of X.edu, X.org, X.com email addresses.

2- Is it possible/ How would I go about subverting the PostReply button to not post a reply to the Board but instead send the reply in an email to a specific address for that topic? Either sending that email via the Board or dropping the logged-in user to their own email client would be fine.

3- Is there a way to not display the buttons for PostReply and NewTopic altogether for Guests and only have them show up for logged in users?

Thanks for any comments or help. Much appreciated.

stevemaury
Support Team
Support Team

Re: need help - pre-approved user list, reply redirection

Post by stevemaury »

1. Yes. Set Activation to None and ban all email domains but those.

2. Not without a MOD

3. Yes. If Guests do nt have permission to post or reply, the buttons will not show.

random99

Re: need help - pre-approved user list, reply redirection

Post by random99 »

Thanks. But,

1- I don't want to ban all other domains, I want to accept everyone who can authenticate from one set of domains and require everyone else not in those domains to be approved by admin.

2- Can you point me to a MOD that will accomplish that?

3- ?? Guest permissions are currently set to no posting everywhere but they can see and read forums and the buttons still appear. If they push the button, it brings them to a login page. I'd like that the buttons do not appear at all to guests and only show up after someone has logged in.

I appreciate your help.