User Control Panel Board Index

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
rben612

User Control Panel Board Index

Post by rben612 »

When I log in either as Adminstrator or User, I can only get to Control Panel. When I click on Board Index, it still takes me to User Control Panel.

Had permissions on No Role Assigned and changed to Standard Features for Registered Users and All Features for Administrator but still can only get User Control Panel when I click on Board Index

rben612

Re: User Control Panel Board Index

Post by rben612 »

Also when I click on FAQ, it takes me to User Control Panel.

If I am logged out, I can get to FAQ and Board Index (which shows all of my forums).

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

What precipitated this behavior? Had you recently made any changes? Changed board Style...?

rben612

Post by rben612 »

I just started the Board and had a lot of spammers so I went in and deleted all the spammers and their messages. Then I couldnn't get in. Forums were not showing because I had deleted the Anonymous person in Guests so I added them back and the forums now show if I am not logged in but as soon as I log in it goes to User Control Panel. If I click on Board Index it goes to User Control Panel. If I click on FAQ, it goes to User Control Panel.

ric323

Post by ric323 »

rben612 wrote:... Forums were not showing because I had deleted the Anonymous person in Guests so I added them back and the forums now show if I am not logged in but as soon as I log in it goes to User Control Panel. ....
That is fatal, the anonymous user account is an essential part of the operation of phpBB3.
What exactly did you do, delete that username altogether, and then try to re-create it from scratch?

rben612

Post by rben612 »

Unfortunately, that is exactly what I did. Since I could not get it "straight" after adding Anonymous back to Guests, I uninstalled phpBB3 and reinstalled it. So it's working now. At least I know now just to delete the SPAMMERS and not the Anonymous person--LOL. Some things you have to learn the hard way.