major forum dissfunction

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Zermax

major forum dissfunction

Post by Zermax »

Well for few days now we are complatly unable to use our forum.
Version : 3.0.2

Problem discription :
Noone can log in on their acoounts and use forum, after logging in U can an info that everything is cool and Ure going to see the forum now but instead of forum U get blank page.
Same goes with maintanance tab in ACP.
U can see the open forum area while beeing a guest but trying to read any topic provides blank page again.

Pls help.

Zermax

Re: major forum dissfunction

Post by Zermax »

bump.

anyone ?

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

Please provide us with the information necessary to assist you by filling out the Support Request Template.

Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I apologize for the lack of information we provided. (Me and Zermax are dealing with the same problem and same forum.)

Some basic information/background: This is the first forum that I have created (and website, at that). The forums worked without anykind of problems before and we didn't encounter any problems either, until few weeks ago (3 weeks ago roughly), when the forums started to be slow in the beginning. After slowness, users now encounter blank pages, which state that the loading is done, but no data is provided.

The following is the basic SRT
Your board's URL: http://oblivion-guild.eu/phpBB3/index.php
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.2
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? I installed the whole forums fresh. (Directly 3.0.2). I didn't update it at all at any point. There are some addons (scripts) installed, like youtube-scripts and so on.
Did you use an automated wizard provided by your host to install phpBB? I used the package that I downloaded and uploaded to my host via FTP. I didn't use manual installations.
MODs you have installed: YouTube script, WoWhead script (http://www.wowhead.com). The later MOD is for linking items on World of Warcraft.
When the problem started: Roughly three weeks ago.
Your level of expertise (be honest): 1-2 (out of 5).

Additionally, you may wish to provide the following (where applicable)
Template(s) used: Hermes, © 2008 Vjacheslav Trushkin
Language(s) used: English
Version of PHP used: 3.0.2
Database and version used: MySQL(i) 5.0.32-Debian_7etch8-log ( Database size: 3.37 MiB )
Test account*:

Earlier from I noticed, a non-registered user could look at the forums without problems (as in checking the public areas of the forums). I did a few tests and noticed that I couldn't access any older topics and could access some newer ones... but couldn't post anything. If there is anything you would like to ask more about this, please do!

Also, if you need to personally contact me to, my MSN is anthraksknight@hotmail.com and my email is antonpatrikainen@luukku.com

Thank you very much,
Scythe

Zermax

Post by Zermax »

bump :roll:

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

Can you give us a test account, since you said this is only when logged in?

Any changes your host would have made during this time frame? Errors usually don't just appear out of nowhere, so something must have been changed somewhere. :?

Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I haven't seen any announcements or anything, or recieved emails from the host's side... (http://www.one.com)

Well, I hope this testaccount will help some...

Username: TestAccount
Password: testaccount1

This account has only guestaccess to the website and when trying to use it, I noticed a few things.

1) The account runs through the forums a lot faster than my admin account.
2) I can see a few threads just fine with my account, but if you look in enough, you find threads that respond in the blank space manner.
3) I can reply to threads with this account.

After using the test account, I used my own account (all rights on that one) and it let me attempt to login, but directly after I got a blank page. So when I got the "you have successfully logged", I tried to view the previous topic and couldn't see that.

From speaking to different users, they seem to be able to post sometimes. Members also encounter problems too.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

for a test, try editing your config.php file to change database type from mysqli to just mysql

robert