Confirmation Email

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Locked
pioneer1970
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:13 pm

Confirmation Email

Post by pioneer1970 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:47 am

i'm not sure how to word this.... Is there anyway to set up were when anyone signs up to my forum they will recieve a confirmation email with a link that they will have to click on to confirm that they registered

User avatar
COD3M4ST3R-X
Registered User
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:52 am
Location: Lahore,Pakistan
Contact:

Re: Confirmation Email

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:50 am

pioneer1970 wrote:i'm not sure how to word this.... Is there anyway to set up were when anyone signs up to my forum they will recieve a confirmation email with a link that they will have to click on to confirm that they registered
Goto ACP>>General>>Board Configuration>>User Registration Settings
Account Activation:Disabled:None:By user:by Ad
select by user and you are done they will recieve a confirmation email. :D
Image
Long Live PhpBB!

pioneer1970
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Confirmation Email

Post by pioneer1970 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:53 am

will they have to click on a link in the email to complete the registration

User avatar
COD3M4ST3R-X
Registered User
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:52 am
Location: Lahore,Pakistan
Contact:

Re: Confirmation Email

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 am

pioneer1970 wrote:will they have to click on a link in the email to complete the registration
yes...
Image
Long Live PhpBB!

pioneer1970
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Confirmation Email

Post by pioneer1970 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:09 am

worked great thanks

phptemp
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: Confirmation Email

Post by phptemp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm trying to enable user registration by confirmation email, but I only have these 2 options; Account Activation:Disabled:None
I'm using phpbb3 and other people are saying they have all these options: Account Activation:Disabled:None:By user:by Ad

What am I missing that I don't have these other 2 options, By user:by Ad

thanks in advance....

User avatar
COD3M4ST3R-X
Registered User
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:52 am
Location: Lahore,Pakistan
Contact:

Re: Confirmation Email

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:28 pm

phptemp wrote:I'm trying to enable user registration by confirmation email, but I only have these 2 options; Account Activation:Disabled:None
I'm using phpbb3 and other people are saying they have all these options: Account Activation:Disabled:None:By user:by Ad

What am I missing that I don't have these other 2 options, By user:by Ad

thanks in advance....
Chk that board wide emails are enabled ACP>>General>>Client Communication>E-mail Settings
Image
Long Live PhpBB!

phptemp
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: Confirmation Email

Post by phptemp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:36 pm

that was a quick reply and it solved my problem. Thanks so much....

Locked