Changing banners - please help! [FIXED!!!!] TYTY

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
stephy7013

Changing banners - please help! [FIXED!!!!] TYTY

Post by stephy7013 »

Hello.
I am trying to figure out how to change a banner on a style that i really like. I was told I need to find the image in the fite and replace it(using teh same name) of what iw ould like to switch it with.
If this is the case, I can not find this image anywhere in the files..
Any info on this dilema of mine would be much appreciated. =]]
Thanks.
Steph
----------------
Okay I got the style up,
here is the website : http://WWW.ILTEREND-GAMING.COM
Not in all caps just so you can see everything clearly!
Last edited by stephy7013 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

bolverk
I've been banned

Re: Changing banners - please help!

Post by bolverk »

A link to the site would be helpful, then we could tell you where the image was being called from.

stephy7013

Post by stephy7013 »

Sure. I don't have it installed yet. I didn't want to install it then have a weird banner that has nothing to do with WoW(it's my guild website).
With that being said, Should I install it then link you my website, or should I link the online demo?

I am really new at these are my first attempts to create anything and I just learned how to get the theme on the site, so bare with my.. little knowledge. =D

**EDIT**
Oh jeez, I forgot to mention that I have everything unzipped I just need to click the "install" button, in the phpbb admin panel.
If I do this do I need to back up the forums? or is it safe to just go ahead and change the style.
again, im sorry for not having any knowledge in this, but I am trying to learn through the help of everyone here, and guides I find. =]]

stephy7013

Post by stephy7013 »

bolverk wrote:A link to the site would be helpful, then we could tell you where the image was being called from.

I had it up for a while, but I can't leave that car just chillin on the site, it looked kinda dumb(it being a world of warcraft guild homepage and all) I will try my best to figure it out on my own. Thanks for trying to help. I will be checking on here I have been refreshing the page over and over so in case anyone has any insight I will see your message and switch it back to the style.. I wish i coudl see exactly where the image is being pulled from, I cant even find it in the files .gifs

bolverk
I've been banned

Re: Changing banners - please help! [update]

Post by bolverk »

Your website doesn't even resolve for me, dns must not be propagated yet. If you cannot link to the style can you at least give us the name of the style and where you got it?

stephy7013

Post by stephy7013 »

Okay I am switching the site now I will try to make teh link work!

http://www.ilterendi-gaming.com <--- Works!!

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

The site logo with the car is located @ http://www.ilterendi-gaming.com/styles/ ... e_logo.png

So replace site_logo.png in that directory with the one you want.

stephy7013

Post by stephy7013 »

I actually saw that. But I have no idea how to find it. Can you tell me a quick runthrough. I have no idea where it stores that stuff on the site.

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

Do you have ftp access to your site? If so, navigate to your phpBB folder and open up /styles/CarbonCopy/imageset/ and you should see the site_logo.png in that directory.

stephy7013

Post by stephy7013 »

Okay, im omw there! =DD