Can't access Admin Panel

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can't access Admin Panel

Post by Kevin Clark »

worx wrote:I found phpmyadmin [at cpanel > mySQL > phpmyadmin link (at the bottom of the page)]. Clicking it shows me reference to two forums (databases?)
  • dbname
    _forum1(28)
    _forum2 (30)
That makes sense to me, since it's a small family forum of only a few members (28-30) ... and there have been two sequential forums, one at family-name.website.com/forum1 (older, and no longer used) and the other (current) at family-name.website.com/forum2. If, however, I jump into the phpbb_users for each, I see the SAME list (both of which match the older forum). How do I make sure that I'm addressing the correct/later database and it's user list? Clearly, I don't want to make changes to the wrong one.

Additionally, I have access to tables of data. I see no place for text/code insertion recommended above.

Thanks
Neither of those are phpBB3.
3x has 62 tables.

Without a link to your board it's hard to determine why the VC image is not showing.

worx

Post by worx »

Kevin wrote:Neither of those are phpBB3.
3x has 62 tables.
I figured that the numbers in parenthesis represented the number of registered users. Thanks for clarifying. I'll dig some more.
Kevin wrote:Without a link to your board it's hard to determine why the VC image is not showing.
Link Removed
Last edited by Brf on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links on board lead to amalware sites.

Annuate

Post by Annuate »

Hey worx my phpbb3 forum is also having the same issues. Today a user with the same user id registered as "CheappOemSoftwware" as well. Seems my forum is also been bombarded with spam from this and other names. While i dont have a good solution for this yet(ive tryed all differnt mods and authenticateing users before post etc etc) I've noticed that one account registeres that intends to look ligit. Once that account is registered new posts show up with users who are NOT registered to the forum(how is this possible?lol). I deleted the account that i thought was a fraud and the spam stopped. Next moring I woke up and another account that looked supicious was registered to my forums and there was spam again. Im not sure if these accounts are being registered/logged in by real people or maybe someone developed a better spam bot, but either way its annoying and I hope this can be settled soon. As for not being able to log into my access admin pannel that has not yet happened to me, but im going to snoop around my board a bit more and see if there is anything else odd.

worx

Post by worx »

Out of frustration, I'm having my hosting company restore a previous backup (to a date when I know that I had absolute access). Some posts will, of course, be lost.

I wish I knew what preventative measures I might take to preclude a recurrence.

worx

Post by worx »

The backup has now been restored, but I get the following error when trying to access the forum:

General Error
Unable to remove files within ./cache/. Please check directory permissions.

What must the directory permissions be?

Matthew2991

Post by Matthew2991 »

Right click the cache folder and edit the chmod, to 777

worx

Post by worx »

Thanks for that help, Matthew.

Damn ... I still can't get in. I have no idea why not. It's now requiring that I do the Confirmation Code thing ... but I can't see the damn code! :o

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Can you please provide a link to your site so we can have a look? There are several things that could cause the image not to appear.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

worx

Post by worx »

I provided a link in a previous post, but Brf (Support Team member) removed it. Others, by the way, can access the site. Whatever problem there is at this point is connected with my password and Admin priviledges.

worx

Post by worx »

After making a few contacts with other forum members, I've discovered that I am the only one who cannot see the Confirmation Code graphic. What might be missing from my specific computer? As always, thanks for the constructive input.