problem with attachments

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Re: problem with attachments

Post by Brf »

DOnt click the imageshack thing. That is not part of phpBB.
Click the "Upload attachment" tab.

oXo

Post by oXo »

pacix wrote:First of all, I really hope you will solve the issues on phpbb.com soon.

I have the following problem with my attachment to posts. I am able to attach files when sending MP but when I am replaying a post and I click in “attach file”, the “template” disappears ad I do not have where to upload the file.
My forum is this one: http://www.forof800gs.es and you can use my test user with user mane “leyenda” and password “asturias” .

I think I have done something wrong with posting.php file, but I have not been able to identify what ant how to solve it.

Regards,
No it doesn't disappear in my screen. The only thing I have notice is why when attaching the file you've make a link hosted by ImageShack and maybe you've disable your posting attachment settings. I have posted an image in your forum it seems ok.

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

That is what I was thinking too, that when he installed the Imageshack mod, he disabled the regular attachment tab.

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

oXo wrote:No it doesn't disappear in my screen. The only thing I have notice is why when attaching the file you've make a link hosted by ImageShack and maybe you've disable your posting attachment settings. I have posted an image in your forum it seems ok.
Just to add to your knowledge if attachments are disabled the attachment box will not appear.it seems that he had messed up his template files.and attachments are basically stored on your server.
Long Live PhpBB!

pacix

Post by pacix »

Brf wrote:That is what I was thinking too, that when he installed the Imageshack mod, he disabled the regular attachment tab.
this is my feeling as well.

shall I copy again the files? which ones? All the ones related with posting from the "posting-XXXXX.html is the template section of the theme?

By the way, thanks very much for your help.

oXo

Post by oXo »

pacix wrote:
Brf wrote:That is what I was thinking too, that when he installed the Imageshack mod, he disabled the regular attachment tab.
this is my feeling as well.

shall I copy again the files? which ones? All the ones related with posting from the "posting-XXXXX.html is the template section of the theme?

By the way, thanks very much for your help.
What you need to do is install the prosilver or subsilver style as a default before you overide your present style template so that it will preserve the existing thread, members, etc in your site. I'm just guessing that the code you put to add the ImageShack for hosting the image is located somewhere in your HTML extension and make sure that you will allow the attachment or leave it disable and let the user tag any images that they want to post it in your site.

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

oXo wrote:What you need to do is install the prosilver or subsilver style as a default before you overide your present style template so that it will preserve the existing thread, members, etc in your site. I'm just guessing that the code you put to add the ImageShack for hosting the image is located somewhere in your HTML extension and make sure that you will allow the attachment or leave it disable and let the user tag any images that they want to post it in your site.
Well the style is prosilver based called Prosilver SE.So, you dont have to install the full prosilver.
If i am not wrong you are using this MOD.

Code: Select all

http://www.phpbb.hardheavy.sk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4
So for that you have to restore only posting_editor.html
@Oxo
template files dont affect existing members,threads.
Long Live PhpBB!

oXo

Post by oXo »

Sometimes onwer of the forum don't want to use the Prosilver or any templates included on the package of phpBB and they deactivate it and install a new template that they got. I was also thinking that he uses a MOD which is a lot of editing need to be done or if he knows the file which one he edit he can overide that file as long as the posting thread doesn't affect.

pacix

Post by pacix »

I have uploaded the original "posting.php" file from the phpBB folder.
I have also uploaded the orginals "posting editor.html", "posting attach body.html", "posting poll body.html".

However, it does not work

When i change the style to prosilver, then it works and I can upload attachment (a pdf for instance).

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

pacix wrote:I have uploaded the original "posting.php" file from the phpBB folder.
I have also uploaded the orginals "posting editor.html", "posting attach body.html", "posting poll body.html".

However, it does not work

When i change the style to prosilver, then it works and I can upload attachment (a pdf for instance).
Did you refreshed your styles cache?
Long Live PhpBB!