Is 3.1 being installed in phpbb.com site right now?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Alien_Time

Re: Is 3.1 being installed in phpbb.com site right now?

Post by Alien_Time »

Wow.. I can see the magic now. Just woke up and volla, saw a brand new phpbb site. Good to see the whole site is responsive and not just the forum. Looking good....

So this also means the stable 3.1 could be out pretty soon. Where else to take it for a spin than the phpbb site which is the busiest site I have seen using phpbb forum software..

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Alien_Time wrote:Its a big update. Been a few hours now. Who does these updates. The website team rank members?
A lot of teammembers were involved in the updates.

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

Thats interesting to know since a lot of you guys are from different parts of the world and yet able to do an update smoothly. :)

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Elsensee wrote:Yes, it's a big update. I mean, it's a big board. ;)

And yes, I think the website team does the update. I wouldn't know who else.
Danielx64 wrote:
Alien_Time wrote:Its a big update. Been a few hours now. Who does these updates. The website team rank members?
I would say the core devs would be on standby (or working on it) as well.
Alien_Time wrote:Thats interesting to know since a lot of you guys are from different parts of the world and yet able to do an update smoothly. :)
Indeed. These projects are primarily managed by the website team but we have the support of the rest of the team including core developers should anything unexpected occur and to help test the website when the migration was complete. Team members from every phpBB team assisted last night, some getting up as early as 5am to start on it and others going to bed around 4am.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

I've been using phpbb only for about 5 years and so far this has been the biggest update I've seen done to phpbb.com site. It's not an easy job considering how massive the site is and the forum is a mammoth. Not to mention the overhaul change to the complete website design and not just the forum. Standing ovation to the team! :)

Refreshing to see these changes..

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Alien_Time wrote:Refreshing to see these changes..
You shouldn't need to do that, now—it should be loading first time.
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Alien_Time wrote:Thats interesting to know since a lot of you guys are from different parts of the world and yet able to do an update smoothly. :)
The power of IRC
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Paul

Post by Paul »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
The power of IRC
And Coffee. And Beer.