Best gaming Console?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Pix

Post by Pix »

[quote3104f="Kanuck"]
And okay, three spectacular in-house Microsoft games? How about Halo[/quote3104f]

MS did not develop Halo in-house. They bought the company that made it when it was 80% finished, in order to prevent it coming out on anything else.

And I don't think [i3104f]any [/i3104f]console can succesfully do a FPS tbh - you need a mouse and keyboard for accurate control.
Frag Fest UK LAN Parties - Frag Not Lag
www.fragfestuk.com

Pix

Post by Pix »

[quoted3920="Kanuck"]
And choice of games, another non-argument. Xbox had the biggest launch lineup of the big three, the most titles available at the Christmas holiday immediately after the launch, and they've got a whole crapload of developers, both companies that traditionally made console games, and companies making the jump from the PC, making tons more games.
[/quoted3920]

I don't equate the total number of games a console has as a measure of how good it is. There are loads of games for the original Playstation, but most of them are rubbish.

Also, I think console games are different than PC games. I would find it hard to explain exactly what I mean by this, but people who make good console games have a different mindset to PC game developers. Good console games are more immediate, and definately better for the old "back from the pub with your mates" type session. I see a lot of traditional PC developers porting PC games to the XBox.
www.fragfestuk.com

Pix

Post by Pix »

/me watches The Black Pit blub :roll:
www.fragfestuk.com

Coasters2k

Post by Coasters2k »

[quote32f38="Pix"]
And I don't think [i32f38]any [/i32f38]console can succesfully do a FPS tbh - you need a mouse and keyboard for accurate control.
[/quote32f38]
Then you haven't [b32f38]played[/b32f38] Halo yet. Call Halo unsuccessful and I'll be forced to call you a liar, Xbox's controllers give fantastic accuracy.
Brandon Rodriguez
http://www.coasters2k.com

Gud

Post by Gud »

[quote2461f="Kanuck"]
Meh.

Yes, believe it or not, that's all I have to say. Oh, and one other thing, too - I feel I need to clarify what I judge a console on. [b2461f]plus alot of ramble[/b2461f] :)
[/quote2461f]

Dude, get a life :D

Kanuck

Post by Kanuck »

[quote14408="yezboxz"][quote14408="Kanuck"]Meh.

Yes, believe it or not, that's all I have to say. Oh, and one other thing, too - I feel I need to clarify what I judge a console on. [b14408]plus alot of ramble[/b14408] :)[/quote14408]

Dude, get a life :D[/quote14408]

Oh, don't worry, I have one... but after the girlfriend goes to bed, what the hell else am I supposed to do? Go to sleep? :lol:

Hell, I haven't even touched a video game in about two months, when I was playing MK64 against my girlfriend... and before that, probably about six months ago. I'm just very opinionated, that's all :)
I rule.

gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

[quotee2842="Coasters2k"]
Then you haven't [be2842]played[/be2842] Halo yet. Call Halo unsuccessful and I'll be forced to call you a liar, Xbox's controllers give fantastic accuracy.
[/quotee2842]

This I will have to try... The only xbox game I played was some fighting game. Not really a fan of that genre... except dead or alive 3 (she kicks high ;))

I am quite skeptical about using a controller for an FPS, I just don't think I could give up the precision of the mouse. It would be sweet if they came out with a mouse/keyboard for xbox (or even better, took standard ones) I know the "it is not a computer!" arguement, but it would be great just for FPS's 8)

Pix

Post by Pix »

I think someone could invent a new controller for fps's on consoles.
www.fragfestuk.com

MoonBuggy

Post by MoonBuggy »

Most consoles have a keyboard and mouse, if you're really bothered about blowing people up then buy a good PC for gaming, all the good console games get PC conversions anyway.
"that's why I lie in ponds wrapped in my sleeping bag going 'bloop' all night long" - Pit, on IRC

gameofhit

Post by gameofhit »

[quote5adcc="MoonBuggy"]
Most consoles have a keyboard and mouse, if you're really bothered about blowing people up then buy a good PC for gaming, all the good console games get PC conversions anyway.
[/quote5adcc]

True and True. I just hope they come out with Halo and the new bond game (on PS2) for PC. I know I played THPS2 for about six months... sooo addictive.. 8)