phpbb.com website design

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Lastof

Re: phpbb.com website design

Post by Lastof »

If you mean allowed to use them if you pay, then yes. If you mean just because they are are on phpBB.com, without paying, then no.

It has previously been stated by SHS` that anyone copying the phpBB.com site design will be breaching copyright and should contact their lawyers. (or something along those lines).

I would guess that as long as the design isn't too similar to phpBB.com's, then everything will be fine.

[NOTE: As I am not a team member some things stated may not be correct. However, from what I have read around the site I believe that they are correct.]
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

SHS`

Re: phpbb.com website design

Post by SHS` »

The wallpaper illustrations are copyright of Vlad Gerasimov and if, and only if, you have permission from him are able to use those images in the form he provides on his website.

The actual phpBB.com design, however, is not up for re-use and any that try would be in breach of copyright. The sole page currently on phpBB.com which doesn't use Vlad's work, is the prosilver development page.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way