phpBB.com Conspiracy Theories

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
isoliert
I've been banned

PHPBB AND BAD REPUTATION

Post by isoliert »

sambeckett wrote: Well my post about this got Locked, which it makes me think I was right.

You were right. PhpBB canT stand the truth.
I am not psotfx
Pit

Re: phpBB.com Conspiracy Theories

Post by Pit »

sambeckett wrote: #3 reason: to peak peoples interest on the Bears, so next time they sell them they make mega $$$

I wish I had awesome ideas like making profit by selling items at cost. They make it back on the games they sell for the consoles, uh, bears, right?
Truestar

Post by Truestar »

The phpBB Team has been so occupied by phpBB 3.0 they haven't been watching the mandatory 2 hours of Walker, Texas Ranger everyday. This made Chuck Norris angry, and he roundhouse kicked all the servers, which not only destroyed the data but paralyzed nearly half the phpBB team in the after shock, making the repairs go very slow.

So simple.
[GSF] General of Army Truestar
Galactic Special Forces Gaming Clan
Lastof

Post by Lastof »

sambeckett wrote: Well my post about this got Locked, which it makes me think I was right.

Actually, I think it got locked because it became a battle, rather than a debate
#1 reason: to make money from http://www.phpbb.com/ads/adclick.php?n=afcb2f11 (the main page Advertisement)

Um, they are always on the page. I doubt it will make much, if any, difference to the number of clicks
#2 reason: to force people to load test 3.0

There is no need to stress test it. Firstly, phpBB.com has been down, I think twice, previously, for various reasons, an area51 has been used as backup. If you look, the most users ever here was back in 2005.

Also, the second biggest phpBB forum on the internet, http://www.bokt.nl/, uses phpBB3. I think that a reasonable idea of the load can be got from that. (Note to the uninformed. Those running bokt.nl are knowledgeable enough to fix any problems they encounter on their own, with no help. If you are not, please don't run 3.0.Beta 5 live, because we will won't be able to help you if things do go wrong).
#3 reason: to peak peoples interest on the Bears, so next time they sell them they make mega $$$

Uh, we explained this one before, and, others have also mentioned here. They were previously, and thus I would presume will be in the future, sold at a loss and in limited numbers. They are purely SHS` doing, and just a nice little thing to allow us sad sad people who spend (waste) most of our time here to have a little fun with.

You should know this, you own one. If you don't want him to "accidentally" fall on your face during the night, I'd keep on his good side. ;)
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"
3Di

Post by 3Di »

Lastof wrote: If you don't want him to "accidentally" fall on your face during the night, I'd keep on his good side. ;)

Thanks for the laugh .. :D
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫
Lastof

Post by Lastof »

3Di wrote: Thanks for the laugh .. :D

I aim to please. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"
ckwalsh

Post by ckwalsh »

#1 reason: to make money from http://www.phpbb.com/ads/adclick.php?n=afcb2f11 (the main page Advertisement)
#2 reason: to force people to load test 3.0
#3 reason: to peak peoples interest on the Bears, so next time they sell them they make mega $$$

I must admit that I based this thread off of yours, but please read the first post. This isn't intended to turn into an argument, but instead to provide a little bit of humor in the meantime.
cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

Bill Gates and Microsoft want to develop a discussion / bulletin board system. They have decided to sabotage all competition that cost less than $2000 a month.
Pit

Post by Pit »

cwbullet wrote: Bill Gates and Microsoft want to develop a discussion / bulletin board system. They have decided to sabotage all competition that cost less than $2000 a month.

That'll backfire when they release a Total Cost of Ownership study "proving" that phpBB costs more ;)
cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

Obviously, I hit a nerve. I just got a knock at my front door from two guys in dark suits and dark glasses. They gave me cease and desist order from legal counsel of Microsoft. Man those guys are fast. I am starting to wonder if they have bugged my computer. Maybe they are all out to get me.