Firefox Flicks

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
ElbertF

Firefox Flicks

Post by ElbertF »

I just had to share this. :mrgreen:

http://www.firefoxflicks.com/flick/?id=19542" target="_blank

There's more here..

http://www.firefoxflicks.com/flicks/" target="_blank
Computer Geek

Re: Firefox Flicks

Post by Computer Geek »

hehehe,

I like it.

I think we should boycott IE ;)
Unless they get up to standards in 7. I have not tried the beta, so I don't really know.
ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

Nope, even IE7 is a disaster. :(
commonguy

Post by commonguy »

I've seen the site and Heck, I'm using Firefox (WAY before I've seen the site) and I have this to say.
Firefox isn't good. :( I'm sorry to say this, but firefox is.... SO AWESOME! :D :D

Oh and so is that vid and the site.
spambot wrote: Nope, even IE7 is a disaster. :(

you're right I mean, what's the difference? IE7 still sucks. Not to mention ginormous security holes, ABSOLUTELY NO THEMING, and it's closed source. Firefox is completely different!

My opinion
Comparison on Browser security (I'm talking about umbrellas on a rainy day as a metaphor)
  • IE has holes in it and you will be soaked just before you even walk 10 feet.
  • Firefox has no holes and you are completely dry from when you walk out to when you're at the bus stop. (and that's pretty far away.)
(hope you know what i'm saying.)

About the vid.
That stings(when IE7 got burned to ashes)! :lol:
asmith3006

Post by asmith3006 »

If Firefox has no holes why do they release updates with "Security Fix" in the changelog?

I think firefox is a million times better than IE too, but you can't say firefox doesn't have security holes and bugs. It's software, therefore it does.
Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

indeed, every software has holes, one time or another. of course, small scripts dont have them ( or the programmer is beyond lousy ) however- if you look at the gigantic code of a browser..

then, CSS interpretation. IE totally sucks in it, what else is new. FF does it nicely. Opera on the other hand, handles it quite perfectly ( Acid tests anyone? )

now I heard a rumor MS was going to 'help Firefox'. ;x