IQ Test

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
who_cares

Re: IQ Test

Post by who_cares »

I got 126

itsonlybarney

Post by itsonlybarney »

I think its pretty flawed. I did half the Questions properly and purely guessed the other half and I got 115. I have done similar ones online and scored 130+ when concentrating.

I want to try the proper IQ tests but don't have the time. Maybe I will someday.

Polarina

Post by Polarina »

Guiligan wrote: I got 136.. is it good? =P
100 is average; That is, average based on how smart everyone is in the world classified by peoples age.
As it says, when you meet someone about your age you can assume that you are about 36% smarter than him.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Polarina wrote: 100 is average; That is, average based on how smart everyone is in the world classified by peoples age.
As it says, when you meet someone about your age you can assume that you are about 36% smarter than him.
Grrr... IQs are not percentages, they are quotients. That is, they are a ratio between the subjects mental age and their actual chronological age.

Furthermore, any online test one does for this are complete bunk.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

You just say that because you don't like the results they give you :mrgreen:

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

spambot wrote: You just say that because you don't like the results they give you :mrgreen:
Well... most of the online tests appear to be capped at an IQ "result" of 155, and even when answering everything wrong deliberately, still yields a result of 120-ish... something is rather fishy IMO. ;)

About the only "test" close to what you can expect under rigorous IQ testing conditions would be the MENSA workout: http://www.mensa.org/workout2.php" target="_blank

Polarina

Post by Polarina »

SHS` wrote:
Polarina wrote: 100 is average; That is, average based on how smart everyone is in the world classified by peoples age.
Grrr... IQs are not percentages, they are quotients. That is, they are a ratio between the subjects mental age and their actual chronological age.

Furthermore, any online test one does for this are complete bunk.
I know IQs are not percentages! What I mean is that the score 136 is 36% bigger than 100.
272 is 36% bigger than 200.

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Polarina wrote: I know IQs are not percentages! What I mean is that the score 136 is 36% bigger than 100.
272 is 36% bigger than 200.

Errm... you said:
You did make an attempt to correlate where an IQ of 136 being 36% greater than an IQ of 100... which as I've said, isn't.

Furthermore, now saying that the number 136 is 36% larger than than the 100 is hardly deep insight... I believe this should have been covered in Primary/Elementary school?

rickyrock

Post by rickyrock »

I took the Official IQ test at ACEVIPER.NET and I got a score very close to the one I got at highschool, The test seams to be very accurate, but just to make sure, can you guys take the test and post your scores here, and if you have taken an official test please let us know what you got aswell just to compair. I fot 122 on the highschoool test and 121 on the aceviper.net test.
Cheers