Where to download phpBB 3 code?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Graham

Re: Where to download phpBB 3 code?

Post by Graham »

It's not a bug - it simply means that the CVS server was unavailable at the time that snapshot was generated. However as Sam notes, they should be avoided as they contain nothing
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

kingdom zero

Post by kingdom zero »

hi where can i download phpBB3 from

CyberMartyr

Post by CyberMartyr »

kingdom zero wrote: hi where can i download phpBB3 from
http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/" target="_blank

Although you won't be able to upgrade and it's unsupported.

kingdom zero

Post by kingdom zero »

CyberMartyr

Post by CyberMartyr »

kingdom zero wrote: thanks :mrgreen:
I know it says 2.something but it's going to be 3.x since 2.2.x got acked!

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

There was never a 2.2.x, there was a development 2.1.x branch. I cannot seem to recall when Olympus got "acked". The version number changed, regardless of what you may believe, because it was determined that this was not as minor of a release as previously thought.
Freedom from fear

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

He's only saying that the 2.2.* projected numbering plan got "acked" when they "skipped" to 3.0-Olympus projected plans, so nothing really changed except the future 3.0 number and a new galactic name; it's all in the name ;)

** I care somewhat less about the future number and a galactic name, if they would just provide an accurate updated features list and milestone status for 3.0 specifically, which all still seems a little ambiguous and undetermined with all the community dev stuff ongoing and us not knowing exactly what and when something is to be included in 3.0, but we sit here patiently not pestering anyone ;) -- and yes I download and monitor the progress & status of dev regularly, but that does not tell us what is and is not specifically planned for 3.0, only what we see here on this board and what we download from CVS snapshots and review/see... **