Media Players

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Natan

Media Players

Post by Natan »

Inspired by psoTFX's post about Foobar.

What media player(s) do you use for your media?

I personally use QCD, which plays every single file type I'll ever need. I love it, and doubt I'll ever trade it for anything else.
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

the_dan

Re: Media Players

Post by the_dan »

I used WMP, but have recently changed it for iTunes. I don't know why, since I neither own an iPod, nor intend to buy music from it :?

Dan

Balint

Post by Balint »

Hi!

I prefer BSPlayer because of its features (choosable aspect ratio, subtitle support, multilanguage audio stream support) and nice look (skinnable but I like the default). :-) For previews of partially downloaded stuff I use VLC.

Greets,
Bálint
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
Robert A. Heinlein

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

the_dan wrote: I used WMP, but have recently changed it for iTunes. I don't know why, since I neither own an iPod, nor intend to buy music from it :?

Dan
Same. But iTunes rocks.
Rob

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

iTunes can now *beep* off.
Everytime I start it, my fileserver (with all my MP3's on) starts going crazy for no explainable reason at all.
WMP, whilst occasionally buggy, doesn't do things like that...

Dan

Natan

Post by Natan »

Never had a problem with QCD :)
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

the_dan wrote: iTunes can now *beep* off.
Everytime I start it, my fileserver (with all my MP3's on) starts going crazy for no explainable reason at all.
It's re-examining the library to see if there have been any changes to it. There's a way to turn that off.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

grrrlromeo

Post by grrrlromeo »

Winamp classic...

I just want to listen to my mp3s...no more, no less.

iTunes installed services that for ipod that constantly run...and since I have no ipod I found it irritating....almost as irritating as those Real services.
I can't delete my signature.

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

Windows Media Player!!! Its amazing it then tells me on Windows Msn Messenger what I am listening to! !!! !! !! 1111 !! 1!1 :mrgreen:

dhn

Post by dhn »

Foobar2000 for audio, mostly zPlayer (sometimes VLC, depending on the source) for videos.