GoogleBot

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Graham

Re: GoogleBot

Post by Graham »

Actually, they can be identified by either or both of them
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!
.vash

Post by .vash »

I find it very annoying too ... especially because from time to time the sessions table is full ... anyone suffer und the same problem?
there are 10 types of different people ... those who understand binaries and those who don't
Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

You can try adding a robots.txt file to your system and limit what they can access. You might also want to exclude certain poorly-behaved robots like those from Cyveillance. Just do a search for the appropriate IP ranges.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.
Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

The google bot on my site used to be found there at all times of the day. Scared one of my co-admins cause it stuck on the login page for several hours. It eats up bandwidth but I got plenty so I decided to let it run free. My site is indexed in about any search engine I found simply because the rest of the search engines seem to hoard off google.