I'm getting blasted with phpbb e-mails

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
zippy

Re: I'm getting blasted with phpbb e-mails

Post by zippy »

errors such as a bazillion emails in my in box are to be expected for merely registering today? I don't think I'm being excessive. I'm receiving 60 emails an hour to welcome me. Thank you very much, I feel welcome. Now stop it. Ban me! maybe that will stop the e-mails.
--zippy

Darkmonkey

Post by Darkmonkey »

zippy wrote: errors such as a bazillion emails in my in box are to be expected for merely registering today? I don't think I'm being excessive. I'm receiving 60 emails an hour to welcome me. Thank you very much, I feel welcome. Now stop it. Ban me! maybe that will stop the e-mails.
--zippy
Alright, calm down. Indeed, I think there was something wrong with the server (See here), But sorrys, nothing we can that isn't already being done :D
...they're watching you...

zippy

Post by zippy »

Thank you for the info.
--zippy

zippy

Post by zippy »

I'll turn the damn thing off tonight and hope it doesn't break things. I have problems sleeping and if this thing goes beep it will wake me for several hours.
Thanks,
--zippy

ATNO/TW

Post by ATNO/TW »

zippy -- if your email proggie has the option to filter/block sites, then simply set a rule to filter/block this one for now.

zippy

Post by zippy »

haha, I should have used my verizon.net e-mail. They allow me to block e-mails. S2f does not!! I contacted them and they said that as soon as they allowed blocking they'd hear bi**ing that someone couldn't send me an e-mail. I'm going to pull it from outlook. The e-mails will compound through the night. Jesus!. This really stinks.
Thanks for your kind suggestions,
--zippy

zippy

Post by zippy »

Hey, just as magically as they appeared, now they are gone. Thanks to whomever fixed it.
--zippy

Hotdog003

Post by Hotdog003 »

I don't like that...
I used email forwarding, so emails are sent to me. I only can get 50 messages a day, and there's a delay. If I get any emails like that, I'm going to have to ask you to either delete my account, or fix the bug.

Something like this happened on the SRB2 forums, see here for details:
http://sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopi ... 6101#16101" target="_blank
And here:
http://sepwich.com/ssntails/mb/viewtopic.php?t=989" target="_blank

And, this is in a stable version of PhpBB. In a nutshell, it sent out emails indicating that topics were replied to. When the server got a high load, the hosting company suspended the account because they thought it was spam.
-Hotdog003

Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

Okay, enough. The administration have been alerted. They will respond as soon as they can. Constant complaining about it will get you no-where.
This does not happen in default installations of phpBB2. It will have been caused by a faulty MOD.