Why *nix servers suck...

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
darious

Re: Why *nix servers suck...

Post by darious »

Ah... my mistake then... :oops:

To whom should I address a request for a vulnerability list?

Nippoo

Post by Nippoo »

A vulnerability list? Uh... what d'ya mean by that?

Graham

Post by Graham »

The mailing list on phpBB.com would also be used for notifications of major security issues (although these would normally trigger a new release anyway).

There have not been any releases or security issues since the list was set up.

As per the announcement on the website, the current outage is not believed to be anything to do with phpBB
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

darious

Post by darious »

Nippoo wrote: A vulnerability list? Uh... what d'ya mean by that?
Just a one-way listserv that the designers could use to push out notices about serious problems (and hopefully the location to fixes) with the code. I often can't rely on being able to visit the phpbb boards on a daily or even weekly basis.
Graham wrote: The mailing list on phpBB.com would also be used for notifications of major security issues (although these would normally trigger a new release anyway).

There have not been any releases or security issues since the list was set up.

As per the announcement on the website, the current outage is not believed to be anything to do with phpBB
Good to know. I was somewhat worried until I saw today's notice.

Draegonis

Post by Draegonis »

darious wrote: Just a one-way listserv that the designers could use to push out notices about serious problems (and hopefully the location to fixes) with the code. I often can't rely on being able to visit the phpbb boards on a daily or even weekly basis.
Yes, this list is for that.