My experience of "fighting" with phpbb2.2csv...

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Legoguy

Re: My experience of "fighting" with phpbb2.2csv..

Post by Legoguy »

Well you and others may have a newer snapshot that that of the ones being put on the snapshot page. I'm going to reinstall phpbb now, with the latest 9/17/2003 21:00 snapshot, after backing up my DB entries for the styles to see if it fixes it.

Legoguy

Post by Legoguy »

Sorry for the double post, but here's my results, the same thing I've always gotten:

When attempting to install the imageset:
General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql ]

CALLING PAGE

/phpBB2/adm/admin_styles.php&6cd4ba00bddb8b37b52196af6a0e1262&mode=imageset&action=install&id=

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_styles_imageset (imageset_name, imageset_copyright, imageset_path, btn_post, btn_post_pm, btn_reply, btn_reply_pm, btn_locked, btn_profile, btn_pm, btn_delete, btn_ip, btn_quote, btn_search, btn_edit, btn_report, btn_email, btn_www, btn_icq, btn_aim, btn_yim, btn_msnm, btn_jabber, btn_online, btn_offline, btn_topic_watch, btn_topic_unwatch, icon_unapproved, icon_reported, icon_attach, icon_post, icon_post_new, icon_post_latest, icon_post_newest, forum, forum_new, forum_locked, forum_link, sub_forum, sub_forum_new, folder, folder_posted, folder_new, folder_new_posted, folder_hot, folder_hot_posted, folder_hot_new, folder_hot_new_posted, folder_locked, folder_locked_posted, folder_locked_new, folder_locked_new_posted, folder_sticky, folder_sticky_posted, folder_st
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster : legoguy@idwt.net
When attempting to install a Style:
Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home3/legoguy/public_html/phpBB2/adm/admin_styles.php on line 2386
When installing a Template:
No errors, successful.
When installing a Theme:
No errors, successful.

Here's what I'm noticing: the subSilver theme config file, which I based mine off of, creates the same error when using it (unchanged) in a seperate imageset.
I noticed that in the imageset config file, there is no path (i bolded the entry in the error above), so to speak..Is there supposed to be? Is it complaining about missing a record (the path)?

Legoguy

Post by Legoguy »

I found out what's happening in the style install error, it's checking for an empty name on that line, and indeed there was not a name nor a copyright reported when I clicked install, I conclude that this error may be caused in part because of failure to load the style config correctly and in addition the possibility of not being able, as the error says, to use the [] operator on strings.

one down, one to go....
sorry for the triple post, had the edit time limit be unlimited, there would be no triple posts from me...

mm3guy

Post by mm3guy »

Wierd, on a snapshot I got, I installed all of the above and it went like a breeze in the installation :?

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

I'm having the same above error... any thoughts?

Edit: keep in mind i'm only posting this "bug" because paul has asked for bugs regarding the styling system

Viper007Bond

Post by Viper007Bond »

What's up with the first page of this thread?

http://images.viper007bond.com/phpbb22_error.jpg" target="_blank
| Viper007Bond | My Website |

andrew johnson

Post by andrew johnson »

i think style got bug in :)
i love valentino rossi = it COOOL
TEST test test test

lemontea

Misc issues...

Post by lemontea »

In the 200310210500 snapshot,I've found that changing the table prefix setting in the installation will cause error(it was due to a select query of the phpbb_bots table).However using the phpbb_ one would be ok.Also I've see that the bots function and orphan attachment function was added,it was funny though.(May someone explain what does this function does exacly?Limiting the bot,or restrict them with a controled webpage output?Or something else?)And it seems you've temp. removed the group control panel in the admin panel-right?Are you going to make change to it?Finally that "x-letter" bug isn't fixed yet!(You said I was just wasting time and this bug will be fixed,but it seems you're just ignoring it-or was it because your debugging team is busy on something else?Somehow it was just changing a file with instructions given!)
I liked the mod control panel in the style of pre-M2 with all "tags" on top.It's just feeling bord to have them always at the left!
As I seem in some screenshot there are more topic icons!Like the " icons was in the screenshot but not in the snapshot!May you include those icons?
One more suggestion:May be add a light bulb in the online/offline icon?Then light on will be online,light off will be offline,light halfly on will be hidden.
Note:I'm using the school library,so I hope the info above isn't outdated!
Regards,
lemontea

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

1) No requests, how many times must this be said?
2) We aren't in the process of "fixing" things ... if there are bugs they will be gotten to in time. Hence the term "developmental version"
3) Bots has been covered already in another topic ... search is quite functionable.
4) We are not here to do the admins work ;) If you want additional topic icons, install them yourself.

I appologise (a little) if this sounds harsh but the same old things are beginning to come up time and time and time again.

lemontea

Post by lemontea »

psoTFX wrote:1) No requests, how many times must this be said?
2) We aren't in the process of "fixing" things ... if there are bugs they will be gotten to in time. Hence the term "developmental version"
3) Bots has been covered already in another topic ... search is quite functionable.
4) We are not here to do the admins work ;) If you want additional topic icons, install them yourself.

I appologise (a little) if this sounds harsh but the same old things are beginning to come up time and time and time again.
1)It isn't features request,but rather,"style" opinion.(Also note that I've submitted a feature request at the tracker list-what's the use of tracker list if you don't allow people to have request?)
2)I know it's a good thing to do work systematically,but everything have exception-it only costs you a few click to fix this bug,then why don't do it now?
3)As I'm using school library,I don't have enough time to search-sorry for that-but I think you can make this more obivous by making that posts announcement.
4)If you hold some icon with good design,why don't you give it to public-I mean,if you're not willing to give out icons,why don't you just DELETE all icons included in the packages,or worse,not including them at first at all?
I know,every programmer have his/her own diginity(I can't remember exactly how it spell),but may you please be a little more gentle to the general public/users/comsumer?I think you may have gone too far.

--------------
--[Open]--
install\schemas\mysql_schema.sql
--[Find]--
group_avatar_width tinyint(4 UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
--[Which is under]--
CREATE TABLE phpbb_groups (
--[Replace with]--
group_avatar_width tinyint(4) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
--EoF--

Just a tiny typing mistake and small bug-don't say I'm "wasting my time fixing bugs that will be fixed later" :
Finding out a problem exsit during installation:1 min
Thinking how to fix it:1 min
Correcting the file:1 min
Reinstall to ensure the bug is gone:1 min
Writing the above:1 min
It costs only 5 mins totally...
Maturity is stereotypes to live well off in an environment. Genuine maturity is the realization of the limitation of the former maturity.