SQL in MOD

Discussion on a SQL Parser for EasyMOD
pjjacobs

SQL in MOD

Post by pjjacobs »

not sure where my question belongs...i have recently started installing some mods manually because of differences in my templates etc...

the file editing is fine...but how does one execute the SQL part of each mod? any help please

Nightrider

Re: SQL in MOD

Post by Nightrider »

phpMyAdmin - Manually Applying SQL Code

The following is how you apply your SQL code manually to your phpMyAdmin database. You can get into your database through your CPanel by clicking on phpMyAdmin. Follow the following instructions:

I'm sure that every host is different. I will tell you how I run my queries manually and hopefully it will be close to what you have available to you. The following may or may not be similar to what you have...

Log into your domain Control Panel and find the database icons. You should be able to find the phpMyAdmin icon. Click on it...

Hopefully that will log you into your phpAdmin panel. You may need to provide a username and password...

In the phpMyAdmin panel, click on the Databases hyperlink...

Hopefully that should take you where you can select your database. You may only have one. Select your database hyperlink...

That should open up the display of all the tables in your database. Ignore them. Somewhere on the page, you should see something similar to this:

Click on the SQL tab to display something like the following where you can copy all of the SQL commands in at once:

Click on the Go button and the queries will be run. If all goes well, you will be told that the commands were executed successfully. Otherwise you will see a screen that tells you which command failed. If the columns that you are trying to add already exist, a duplicate will not be added...

Hopefully my instructions above are close to what you would see on your domain. If not, perhaps you could provide some screenshots of what you have available and we can figure out what you need to do. I use Gadwin Printscreen to create the screenshots and www.ImageShack.us to host them so they can be posted here...

pjjacobs

Post by pjjacobs »

cool...thanx...so everything SQL wise get's done in the phpmyadmin....thanx

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

You could also use a utility like the MySQL to PHP Converter to create a DB Update file, then upload it to your forum folder root and run it from your browser...

SniffMoney

Post by SniffMoney »

what if you have no phpMyAdmin icon section in your database, just SQL?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

SniffMoney wrote:what if you have no phpMyAdmin icon section in your database, just SQL?
your host will provide you with some type of database access/maintainence program.

The most common is phpmyadmin.

Ask your host what you have to do this with.

robert