Custom field whith permission

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
bobby124

Custom field whith permission

Post by bobby124 »

Hi,

What do you think about add permission for custom field in admin panel? custom field for group...

Pony99CA

Re: Custom field whith permission

Post by Pony99CA »

By "custom field", I presume that you mean "Custom Profile Fields". If so, what use cases do you see for only allowing certain groups to use some CPFs? I can only think of a couple of reasonable scenarios:

1. You might not want people in the Newly Registered Users group to include Web links in their profiles.
2. You might not want personal information fields (real name, location, etc.) available to younger users (like COPPA users in the U.S.).

Unless I'm missing something, I would rather see groups/permissions applied to custom BBCodes first, though.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Ger

Post by Ger »

Shouldn't this forum be locked, since 3.0 won't get any new features anymore?

Any new feature discussed here will have to be considered in context of 3.1 or even 3.2, therefore the feature should be discussed there.
Above message may contain errors in grammar, spelling or wrongly chosen words. This is because I'm not a native speaker. My apologies in advance.

bobby124

Post by bobby124 »

hi,
I can't post to [3.1/Ascraeus] Merged RFCs Forum.
Other solution could be :
- Create new tab in user profil which is visible only to certain group. How to do that?

Un1matr1x

Post by Un1matr1x »

bobby124 wrote:I can't post to [3.1/Ascraeus] Merged RFCs Forum.
That's OK so, Merged RFC's are allready done and in the code, if you want to disscuse your idea for phpBB 3.X post @ [3.x] RFCs

PS.: Since phpBB 3.1 is in alpha stage going to be beta soon (hopfully) your requested changes might only be implementet in a later version