I want this, I want that, requesting.

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
bybe

I want this, I want that, requesting.

Post by bybe »

Hi, I'm new on the bleeding edge forums here but have been a user of the standard phpbb boards for many years and have been using phpbb since early release, I thought id drop my 2 cents worth after reading though a dozen posts.

Lots of people seem to be asking for features to be built in such as Social Media Integration, Tools tips, different default style as well as among lots of other things. While features are all very good they can also bring complications, I know that phpbb is more than a CMS but it is a CMS, What I hope for from PHPBB is better module/plugin library, what this means is everyone will be able to get their features from 3rd party developers by the phpbb team making developing more easier and more accessible to the end user everyone will get the features they so want with ease. I use wordpress as a prime example, they are the top leading blogging engine not because they pack every known feature into their engine but they have a solid framework and the ease of installing extra features is a breeze something I hope phpbb will follow suit, not to say phpbb isn't already but I still feel it has a huge way to go.

So in other words, more freedom and easier accessible modules/plugins as well as making it more appealing to developers to make features will bring us more without having the phpbb exhaust all resources on things where they could be improving on the actual framework.

HGN

Re: I want this, I want that, requesting.

Post by HGN »

Please note the description for this forum:
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Have a look at: [RFC|Accepted] General Hook Architecture of phpBB3.1.