Login from main website

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
mbrans

Login from main website

Post by mbrans »

Hi,

I'm searching now for the 2nd day for a good method to solve my problem. Many post where found but none did have a good sollution, so I'll try it again :(

- I already have a server running where users have to login (from .htaccess) to access the /Secure folder and all its sub folders.
- I'm using PHP for scripting.
- I've installed phpBB 3.0.2 in a seperate folder /Secure/Forum.

What I need is a way to auto-login a user as soon as he visits the forum, using the $_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_USER"] variable in PHP. A user won't need a password on the forum since this was already checked when entering the /Secure folder. In case the no password isn't an option, it could be pasted from the $_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_PW"] variable.

Related to this, I also need to update my current NewUser.php script to add an user entry in the forum's userDB, First thought was "That shouldn't be to hard, just enter a new record in the phpbb_users table", but I cannot find anywhere what the meaning is of several fields in that table. F.E., what do I need to enter in the user_permissions field for a normal user. In case each useraccount does need a password, I need to know how the password is stored in the forum userdatabase, so my script can generate this.
Also, how do I auto add a new user to some groups?

Again, I know that there are several related posts, but I really hope that someone can help me with some code-samples to get the job done.

Thank you.

Micha
ToonArmy

Re: Login from main website

Post by ToonArmy »

You need to seek support in the 3.0.x Support Forum on phpBB.com, area51 is for discussion of development and testing not end-user support. Coincidentally phpBB supports authenticating using .htaccess methods out of the box. Ask a question over in the support forum and somebody will help you out.
Chris SmithBlogXMOOhlohArea51WikiNo support via PM/IM