Transitional Page after Post or Login

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
WarmFreedom

Transitional Page after Post or Login

Post by WarmFreedom »

There are 2 things that irritates me to death about phpbb

1)Save button is a nusiance!, Intuitively Save means post, who would want to take the trouble to click to reply only to type a draft? Ppl want to Post! not Save. Thank God I found a way to disable it here.

2)Transitional messege that appears after u have loged in or post something... why cant it be like other forums where it goes straight to where its supposed to go... instead of displaying some message a few seconds then redirecting yet again to the actual page.. is there anyway to cut this out??
SamG

Re: Transitional Page after Post or Login

Post by SamG »

WarmFreedom wrote:... who would want to take the trouble to click to reply only to type a draft?
While I don't use it often, having the Save feature has kept me from losing posts to session expiration, so I'm grateful for it. I may get interrupted, or I may just get thoughtful/long winded and lose track of time. I personally am glad to be able to point out the Save feature to people who post in frustration that their lengthy reply just vanished into thin air.
WarmFreedom wrote:Transitional messege that appears after u have loged in or post something...is there anyway to cut this out??
I think there is a MOD available at http://www.phpbb.com for this purpose.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood
ausaf

help

Post by ausaf »

Hi, This post of mine is very beneficial and informative, however there are some specific facts or information that I require. If anyone can help me in this matter then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

SPAM
Last edited by naderman on Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted spam
kp3011

Re: Transitional Page after Post or Login

Post by kp3011 »

You can try this code:

Open includes/functions.php

Code: Select all

/**
* Meta refresh assignment
*/
function meta_refresh($time, $url)
{
}
Replace this whole function by:

Code: Select all

/**
* Meta refresh assignment
*/
function meta_refresh($time, $url)
{
	global $template;

if ($time > 10) {

$url = redirect($url, true);
		$url = str_replace('&', '&', $url);

// For XHTML compatibility we change back & to &
		$template->assign_vars(array(
			'META' => '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="' . $time . ';url=' . $url . '" />')
		);

return $url;
	} else {
		redirect($url);
	}
}
Then all redirects less than 10 seconds will be redirected immediately, not by meta code refresh. Why I have chosen this rather than replacing all meta redirects as normal redirects is that the page viewonline.php will redirect itself every 60 seconds, so if I just used redirect($url) for all $time fed in, then the viewonline.php will not load at all because of infinite looping.

You can set the threshold in the line if ($time > 10)