A simple method to save attachments into monthly folder

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
jwxie

A simple method to save attachments into monthly folder

Post by jwxie »

Hey guys, a brilliant user from phpbbchina.com had just finished his simple mod to modify the current attachment. :lol: :lol:

He aimed to modify the attachment so that the system will atomically create a monthly folder.

Let say today is April 1, 2008, the first upload will then called the system to create a folder "2008-04", and all the uploads from the April (1st t0 30th) will all go to the same folder "2008-04"

All attachemtns from May 1st to 30th will all go into the same 2008-05

this add-on is very simple and I believed it's very easy for phpBB to add this since it doesn't require any SQL add-on, but modifications of a few places.
plus it set the files's prefix based on the Board's id and uploaded date.

It only required about 2 mins and 2 files to modify.

The link to here
http://phpbbchina.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&p=14417

ps:
找到 means FIND
改为 means Replace with

I really hope our phpBB official can add this since this mod had been requested for many times and it will worth a while for the team to try a little modification for the next or next next release.

It's commonly intergated in CMS and blog system^^

jwxie

Re: A simple method to save attachments into monthly folder

Post by jwxie »

updated witht the post
haha, a little mistake with the date

anyway, if it's going to be an opinion in the ACP
it may require a line for MYSQL? i am not sure
of cuz when the team need to modify the release, it may require some modifications for the table^^"

sorry for this foolish talk :lol: :lol: