Signature / Profile options question

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Spherix

Signature / Profile options question

Post by Spherix »

Hello,

First of all, great job on phpbb3 RC5, as I'm currently using it on my board and I must say I love it. I have a question however regarding two things in the administrator control panel.

Users profile:
I know there is the option to add custom field to ones profile, but is there also an option to remove or disable a current field in the profile? Spambots that break the captcha usually put theire whole profile full of spam, mainly website links. I was looking for an option to disable the option of entering a website, but I could not find it. Is this something I'm missing, something that is in developed or just not developed?

(Note: I'm not directly requesting features, I'm wondering if I'm missing something here.)

Users signature:
I have gone trough the options of users signatures, and I must say I like it how many options can be set in this version of phpBB3. However I have trouble finding the following; I noticed administrators are able to limit the amount of URL's used in a signature, which is a usefull option, but I could not find the option to limit the amount of IMG tags in a signature, lots of users tend to put up multiple images in a signature, bypassing the set dymensions for signatures. same as above; Is this something I'm missing, something that is in developed or just not developed?

Thanks for your attention and I hope I'm just looking in the wrong area :)

Nicholas the Italian

Re: Signature / Profile options question

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Hi,
about your question #1, that's not implemented for backward compatibily towards phpBB2: the default fields are the same, they are not mandatory nor disactivable (without some kind of mod).
As for your question #2, that's not implemented either, although it might be added in some minor revision. It was discussed here and here.

Spherix

Re: Signature / Profile options question

Post by Spherix »

That should cover my questions then, thanks for the answer :).