The new behaviour in VIEWTOPIC is not the best one, I think.

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
wintermute

The new behaviour in VIEWTOPIC is not the best one, I think.

Post by wintermute »

Hello everyone,

With todays CVS update, phpBB no longer shows "REPLY TOPIC" button when you are not logged in. I do not think that is a good decision and I reverted my viewtopic.php to the previous version as soon as I noticed it. As a user, I usually browse topics not logged in, and when a topic captures my fancy for replying, I just click "REPLY" button, log in and write my reply. I think that is also regular behaviour for most of the people, am I right?

Now, with todays update if I need to reply a topic first I need to leave that topic and login, than I need to go back and try to find which topic it was that I intended to reply.

Am I missing something, or is that latest decision from our developers is not really a smart one?

Best regards... Wintermute
Greetings to everyone...

Acyd Burn

Re: The new behaviour in VIEWTOPIC is not the best one, I think.

Post by Acyd Burn »

It should still show for guests - only be hidden for already logged in users not having the required permission (there it is quite useless to display the buttons). I will check if this is the case. :)