BBCodes - Dual Tag Req. ?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
drewsifer

BBCodes - Dual Tag Req. ?

Post by drewsifer »

Currently the BBCodes feature will only accept a custom code that has a matching open and close. While I suspect that was for reasons of accuracy checking, it's left out the option to have a single item command (like [tab]), as I've seen on countless mods. It seems like a syntax check comparing the BBCode usage section and the HTML replacement, or even a checkbox (or override checkbox) could allow for both options.

RetroBytes

Re: BBCodes - Dual Tag Req. ?

Post by RetroBytes »

I know this is an old post, but I wonder if there is any way to get around the closing tag requirement? For example I wanted to add a BBcode for inserting a horizontal rule just like <hr> in HTML but it just doesn't make any sense to require a closing tag for that.

Anybody? TIA

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Nope sorry, BBCodes aren't designed that way, you might be able to accomplish it with a word censor though.

Elglobo

Post by Elglobo »

Hi,
naderman wrote:you might be able to accomplish it with a word censor though.
In past, I opened this ticket #15229.
Actually, it's impossible to use HTML with Word censor.

I found a temporary solution, to use HTML in Word censor.
I make a new word censor in ACP, for example:
- censortest => <b>censortest</b>
At this moment, it doesn't work.
I modify this entry in phpMyadmin to replace <b> by <b> and </b> by </b>, I purge the cache and it's Ok.

Finally, It would be interesting to use BBcode in Word censor, maybe a feature ?

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Elglobo wrote:Hi,
naderman wrote:you might be able to accomplish it with a word censor though.
In past, I opened this ticket #15229.
Actually, it's impossible to use HTML with Word censor.

I found a temporary solution, to use HTML in Word censor.
I make a new word censor in ACP, for example:
- censortest => <b>censortest</b>
At this moment, it doesn't work.
I modify this entry in phpMyadmin to replace <b> by <b> and </b> by </b>, I purge the cache and it's Ok.
That seems rather hacky to me. :?
Elglobo wrote:Finally, It would be interesting to use BBcode in Word censor, maybe a feature ?
Maybe a MOD.
Highly unlikely that such a thing would become a feature, but you can request it as a MOD on the main site phpBB.com 3.0 MOD Requests.
Also 3.0 likely won’t change much, but we could see some expanding of BBCode functionality in 3.2 or 3.4

sp11: 001000