problems with group email.

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
madmaveric2

problems with group email.

Post by madmaveric2 »

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong area but I can't find an answer anywhere else.

I've just upgraded my board using phpBB 3.0.B5, on a new Fedora 6 installation but the group mail isn't working.

I've set up an email server (first time on linux) and everthing appears ok with that. I can also (using admin pannel) send out email to users if I specify them in the users area of group email. Problem is that when I try and email a group I get an error.

In the error log I get:

Code: Select all

admin  	192.168.x.x  	10 Apr 2007 10:43 pm  	Email error
                                                                      » EMAIL/PHP/mail()
                                                                      /forum/adm/index.php
Not that helpful :(

Can anyone help me diagnose this? Also is there a way of getting more info on this rather than a filename.

Apologies if this is the wrong area to post, feel free to tell me where to go :lol:

Update:
Just found this in the logfile
... : DSN: Undisclosed-Recipient:;... List:; syntax illegal for recipient addresses

Anyone know how I change the list syntax (and maybe even what I need to change it to).
madmaveric

Re: problems with group email.

Post by madmaveric »

Just realised I posted this in the wrong place. could someone move it to the support or discussion area please (sorry)

Must have been having a bad night last night :roll:

First I registered with an email address that wasn't working at the time (now back up hence the different username). Then I reregistered but miss typed my email address so finally registered with a working one and posted under the wrong forum.
pentapenguin

Re: problems with group email.

Post by pentapenguin »

Ask here: 3.0.x Support Forums. For account problems, contact an admin.
phpBB.com Support Team Member and Incident Investigation Team Member
My phpBB MODs || Professional phpBB Customization, Transfers, and Conversions