Admin cp link

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
jjohall2000

Admin cp link

Post by jjohall2000 »

Hi,

How about you move the admin cp link up to near where the moderation cp link is, as it is annoying you have have tp scroll done the page to find the admin cp link all the.

Is there any reason why the admin cp link is at the bottom of the page?

Many Thanks

Freelance

Re: Admin cp link

Post by Freelance »

I guess it's personal preference, but I like it there at the bottom, it's where I'm used to find it.
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]

jjohall2000

Post by jjohall2000 »

Freelance wrote: I guess it's personal preference, but I like it there at the bottom, it's where I'm used to find it.

yeah i guess so, maybe there could be both. Most other forum software like Vbulletein and IBP have the links to admin cp at the top. To me it makes better sence to have it next to the moderation cp link.

Freelance

Post by Freelance »

Maybe they have changed it in the new prosilver theme.

Otherwise I'm sure it's not hard to change it yourself in the templates.
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]

jjohall2000

Post by jjohall2000 »

Freelance wrote: Maybe they have changed it in the new prosilver theme.

Otherwise I'm sure it's not hard to change it yourself in the templates.

Um i do not know about if they have changed it in the new prosilver, if you know please can you tell me where i can download the prosilver theme? There could also be an option in admin cp which allows you to change where the links are for the admin cp and mod cp.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

jjohall2000 wrote: Um i do not know about if they have changed it in the new prosilver, if you know please can you tell me where i can download the prosilver theme?

It is not avaiable yet.
There could also be an option in admin cp which allows you to change where the links are for the admin cp and mod cp.

No there isn't. But you can edit the template files and place the links wherever you want.

jjohall2000

Post by jjohall2000 »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: No there isn't. But you can edit the template files and place the links wherever you want.

Yes i know the isn't i am saying this could be a suggested new feature for phpbb v3

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

the link is in the overall_footer.html… just move it from that file to the overall_header, which is where the MCP link is located.
In the Sniper_Blue, we moved the MCP link down to where the ACP link is located.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

jjohall2000

Post by jjohall2000 »

Handyman wrote: the link is in the overall_footer.html… just move it from that file to the overall_header, which is where the MCP link is located.
In the Sniper_Blue, we moved the MCP link down to where the ACP link is located.

Ok, I have just had a look in overall_footer.html and i have found the admin cp link

Code: Select all

<!-- IF U_ACP --><span class="gensmall">[ <a href="{U_ACP}">{L_ACP}</a> ]</span><br /><br /><!-- ENDIF --> 
Please can you tell me where the mod cp link is in overall_header.html

Many Thanks

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

the overall_header.html is not very big… just open it up and have a look… it's easy to find :)
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply