logging users

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
XOStential

logging users

Post by XOStential »

Hi. :-)

Being neither a feature request, nor bug report, but a discussion of BB3 feature set, me be hopin' this is the right place for this post. Anyhoo.

I can't live without my current ability (in BB2) to view and sort user by last activity ( a mod when it comes to BB2). This is indispensable for monitoring where current users are, when a user last logged on and where they were / are. (long story)

I was really happy to see what appeared to be this feature in BB3 ACP but it does not seem to want to function like this. I had (albeit quick) look at docs but no real mention there about specifics of this feature. Am I missing something with regards the function of the user logs in the ACP, especially given that the data needed to build this type of view is stored in the db? (i.e. user_lastvisit and user_lastpage)

I guess the specific question is: SHOULD I be able to do this already with Beta4 (?) or is this the domain of a feature request / mod? (in which case you can ignore me until mods and requests are opened.)
I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else. (Lily Tomlin)

Lastof

Re: logging users

Post by Lastof »

Ok, after looking about abit, I can answer yes, you should be able to, but only if you have the correct permissions.

The code that determines whether you can sort by last active is

Code: Select all

if ($auth->acl_get('u_viewonline'))
{
	$sort_key_text['l'] = $user->lang['SORT_LAST_ACTIVE'];
}
ie, If you have Yes overall (ie, atleast one Yes and no Nevers in your permissions) on User Permissions => Misc => Can view all online then you can, using the Select sort method: dropdown in memberlist.php, otherwise you can't.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

XOStential

Post by XOStential »

Lovely thankyou.

That was the 'sort' I was looking for, although it doesn't yet display the visit time/location info in the page's current form. I feel a template mod coming on. Unsupported and not until the final release though. ;)

thanks.
I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else. (Lily Tomlin)

Grok

Post by Grok »

This appears to sort by last visit, not last active. It displays last active however.