Will "Today Yesterday MOD" be integrated in RC1?

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
mikovchain

Will "Today Yesterday MOD" be integrated in RC1?

Post by mikovchain »

I found this mod in dev forum, but not in my cvs installation.
Will it be a part of RC1?
PHPBB CHINA For Chinese Users

Handyman

Re: Will "Today Yesterday MOD" be integrated in RC1?

Post by Handyman »

That would certainly be cool... I thought I had heard something about that being implemented, but I just searched through all the files and didn't find it.

Though since phpBB3 is feature frozen, it may have to be a mod again.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

this feature is already present, it is one of the options in the UCP a user can select for their time display

UCP -> options -> forum preferences -> edit global settings

then in the "My date format:" drop down choose the option which contains [relative days]

I think this is correct :)

You can also set it as the board default in the ACP -> Board configuration -> board settings

again choose the option containing [relative days] in the "Date Format" Date Format drop down

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Ahh! you were correct.
I knew I had seen it in there at one point... but I forgot where it was.

Thanks
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

mikovchain

Post by mikovchain »

So great, thanks!
PHPBB CHINA For Chinese Users

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer »

I didn't even know this was there. A nice surprise =]

AG Platinum

Post by AG Platinum »

You can also use relative days in a custom date format by putting bars around the part that you want to be replaced with "Today" or "Yesterday", such as: |n/j/y| g:i a

Masterhand

Post by Masterhand »

AG Platinum wrote: You can also use relative days in a custom date format by putting bars around the part that you want to be replaced with "Today" or "Yesterday", such as: |n/j/y| g:i a

That helped. Thanks :) .

johnelaw

Post by johnelaw »

karlsemple wrote: You can also set it as the board default in the ACP -> Board configuration -> board settings

again choose the option containing [relative days] in the "Date Format" Date Format drop down

If I choose the option with [Relative days], I don't seee "Today or Yesterday" (browser cache cleared), even using the suggestion below:
AG Platinum wrote: You can also use relative days in a custom date format by putting bars around the part that you want to be replaced with "Today" or "Yesterday", such as: |n/j/y| g:i a

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

johnelaw wrote:
karlsemple wrote: You can also set it as the board default in the ACP -> Board configuration -> board settings

If I choose the option with [Relative days], I don't seee "Today or Yesterday" (browser cache cleared), even using the suggestion below:

Have you set it in your profile and the board config, as with phpBB2 your profile is going to be what your account uses, the board config is for guests and new accounts :)