Can read forums after "x" posts

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
MegaMan1311

Can read forums after "x" posts

Post by MegaMan1311 »

In phpbb3, is it possible to make it so that after "x" posts, a member could read a forum without me having to manually promote them? For instance, after a person posts 5 times, they can read a downloads forum. Is that already a feature or will it have to be modded? I searched, but couldn't find this. Thanks in advance!

MegaMan1311

Adric

Re: Can read forums after "x" posts

Post by Adric »

that will be possible once the events system is implemented... but I would discourage using such an approach as it would encourage spam postings just to see what is in the "off-limits" forum...

MegaMan1311

Post by MegaMan1311 »

Adric wrote: that will be possible once the events system is implemented... but I would discourage using such an approach as it would encourage spam postings just to see what is in the "off-limits" forum...
Will it be implemented in in 3.2 or earlier like 3.1/ 3.0.x?

Edit: Yes, I do realize that this may happen, but I currently have people joining just to see the downloads and not post at all. IMO, it is easier to remove spam than it is to get people to post when they do not need to. Thanks for the warning though.

muhaidib

Post by muhaidib »

i suggest groups/permissions with each group with a moderator who manually choses who deserves to go in,, just like what was said above, prevents "spam" posts just to rise post count

MegaMan1311

Post by MegaMan1311 »

muhaidib wrote: i suggest groups/permissions with each group with a moderator who manually choses who deserves to go in,, just like what was said above, prevents "spam" posts just to rise post count
Thanks! That is a good alternative until an events system is created, but I still wish to have it based on the events system, if possible. Also, I would like to know if there is any info about when this events system is coming out and with what version (3.0.x/3.1.x/3.2.x)? Thanks in advance!

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Last we heard the events system was tagged as certain for 3.2, which will be the next version to be released (3.1 will be the development version for 3.2).
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

mikovchain

Post by mikovchain »

You just need a new group, which user can automatically promoted to when they post more than 5 posts.
And you defined only this group can download from certain forum.
PHPBB CHINA For Chinese Users

MegaMan1311

Post by MegaMan1311 »

mikovchain wrote: You just need a new group, which user can automatically promoted to when they post more than 5 posts.
And you defined only this group can download from certain forum.
Yes that is exactly what I need. Any way to implement this other than the events system?
Lastof wrote: Last we heard the events system was tagged as certain for 3.2, which will be the next version to be released (3.1 will be the development version for 3.2).
Thanks! Hopefully 3.2 will come soon after 3.0.