Cache SQL : question and suggestion

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Dark_Génova

Cache SQL : question and suggestion

Post by Dark_Génova »

Hi,
first i have a question about the SQL cache. I think this is a great tool, for the sql server, particulary on slow sql server (free for example :p). But someone told me that this kind of cache is useless, because MySQL (and others sgbdr) have native cache in the RAM (better than a file system cache like now). What are advantages of this sql cache if its slower than the MySQL native cache ?

Second a suggestion : currently you can cache with two way : in the cache/ directory, or in the database if the cache/ directory is not writable. Why don't you implement some others cache, like eAccelerator cache or APC cache ? They have some cool functions (eaccelerator_put(), eaccelerator_get(), etc ...).

@+

Graham

Re: Cache SQL : question and suggestion

Post by Graham »

The caching system using plugins, so such an option is there for the future to write plugins which use other methods, although the current is all which will be included in 3.0
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!