Permission Denied to tracker on Sourceforge

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Bonk

Re: Permission Denied to tracker on Sourceforge

Post by Bonk »

I know the feature is not present in 2.0.x as I was forced to make manual code edits to create the desired effect.

I would not be interested in requesting it as a feature if I did not know that it is not present in 2.0.x. Do you think I'm some kind of idiot?

If the Sourceforge Tracker is closed how are we to know what has been requested and what has not?

Guest permissions are not listed in the new features of Olympus. It mentions that permissions are cached but makes no mention of what these permissions might be. And no, it is not a tiny aspect. As I said, it is the single most important feature that any new phpbb version could have. You cannot argue that.

On re-inspection I see that "More powerful and flexible permission system" is listed under "What is improved?", but permissions regarding guests accessing forum functions other than forums would be something completely new. I was looking at the "What is new?", expecting to find it there.

It is unfortunate that you could not simply give me a straight answer instead of giving me ambiguous replies, the run-around and trying to make me look stupid.

The simple answer to my first post would have been:
We are not accepting feature requests of any kind for any version at this time. Neither will we tell you what has already been requested. We cannot tell you what you want to know. You can check out the CVS version to see if what you desire is there, otherwise you will just have to wait for the release of 2.1/2.2/3.0 to see.

I would have been satisfied with that. In future, I will not bother asking, thanks for your time.

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Meik doesn't really need to try to make you look bad.

"Improved permissions" encompasses changes to the entire permissions structure, including permissions for guests. There could be an entire page (and probably will be at some point) dedicated just to the changes in how permissions work. Until then, you're on your own in figuring out what has changed or been added.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

Bonk wrote: As I said, it is the single most important feature that any new phpbb version could have. You cannot argue that.
It might be for you, for others it might be the dumbest thing ever. You only have to look at the quick reply demands here, still it gets not included because we think it is not needed. Simple as that. Apart from this, as per Martin.

espenhh

Post by espenhh »

Install CVS and look for your selv.. If you do so, you will see this: (here I am viewing what is currently set for the anonymous user, changing the permissions can be done elsewhere...)

Happy? :P
Espen

(Huge thanks to the phpBB-developers!!!)

Need Norwegian support????

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Hmm, even if you set the Anonymous user to have full admin permissions the admin panel link doesn't appear. Even if you try to go straight in by typing the link, it doesn't let you in.

Nice backup for the terminally stupid.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

marosell

Post by marosell »

please remove the sentence "use our tracker on Sourceforge" if its not there ;) . I too was confused and spent time looking for it until I found this forum by accident. and I'm sure I wont be the last one

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat »

I think the team appreciates such stuff reported on the Bugtracker. It may not change anyway, but at least they'll know. :)
"This is the place where the sun don't shine"