Merged: Wow, New Reply Review is a Cool Feature

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
BondGamer

Merged: Wow, New Reply Review is a Cool Feature

Post by BondGamer »

I had no idea olympus had this. Apparently if you write up a reply and hit submit, it checks if more replies were added to the topic since you began writing. It then displays all the new replies so you can adjust your message if nesessary.

That was quite unexpected in a pleasent sort of way. Anyway, just wanted to share it in case anyone didn't know about it.

espenhh

Re: Wow, New Reply Review is a Cool Feature

Post by espenhh »

It has actually been here for a LONG time, but anyway, it it extremly cool and damn practically :mrgreen:
Espen

(Huge thanks to the phpBB-developers!!!)

Need Norwegian support????

Cheater512

Post by Cheater512 »

Slightly annoying if you just hit submit again anyway but it does allow me to make sure I'm the first person to make a smart ass remark in response to a thread. :lol:

president

You got beaten at posting notification

Post by president »

What is this new feature that you have called "You got beaten at posting notification" in your new features list here:
http://area51.phpbb.com/docs/features.html" target="_blank
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
dhn wrote: You are the admin, learn how to use phpBB 3.0 and you can do exactly that what you want. Satisfy your users.

dhn

Re: You got beaten at posting notification

Post by dhn »

When you submit your reply to a topic, and someone else replied shortly before you, it will show you a warning and a preview of the new post(s) before submitting. So when someone creates a topic asking the question "What colour is red?" and you reply with "red", but someone was faster than you while you were on the posting screen and replied with "blue", you get a chance to review the first reply and edit your post accordingly.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 »

dhn wrote: When you submit your reply to a topic, and someone else replied shortly before you, it will show you a warning and a preview of the new post(s) before submitting. So when someone creates a topic asking the question "What colour is red?" and you reply with "red", but someone was faster than you while you were on the posting screen and replied with "blue", you get a chance to review the first reply and edit your post accordingly.
Cool 8)

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

dhn wrote: When you submit your reply to a topic, and someone else replied shortly before you, it will show you a warning and a preview of the new post(s) before submitting. So when someone creates a topic asking the question "What colour is red?" and you reply with "red", but someone was faster than you while you were on the posting screen and replied with "blue", you get a chance to review the first reply and edit your post accordingly.
I like this feature. It is nice! I think I also see this feature in smf project. :)

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I've seen this on SMF as a feature. I think it's pretty neat, but yeah, it's kind of annoying to press submit twice. Is it a standard feature or optional?

(red was just testing out font color feature :D )
proud bertie adoptee.

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

All featues in phpBB are standard. However most can be turned on and off as an option.

This feature has been in phpBB2.2/3 for the past 3 years or so.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

dhn

Re: Merged: Wow, New Reply Review is a Cool Feature

Post by dhn »

Just testing out topic merging. Nothing to see here, move along.