Just a few suggestions...

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Whitegreek

Just a few suggestions...

Post by Whitegreek »

hey I love the work you guys do and such...blah blah blah...

anywho I have a few suggestions:

Reputation points: Good for ridding the forums of evil posters and such.

Profile card: Click on the topic author so what ever in the main fourm and get a pop-up with a little card of details about that person.

Optinal post disable in some forums: Good foir having a spam forum for fun idead of people who just want thier post count up.

Thread desrcbions: for people who want to have a little describtion under their thread.

Thread ratings: 1 out of 10 isn't a good thing....

Partical lock: for if you want only certain people to post in a forum

Better and bigger use control pannel: more options and more profile customizeation and such..

Amorya

Re: Just a few suggestions...

Post by Amorya »

Whitegreek wrote: hey I love the work you guys do and such...blah blah blah...

anywho I have a few suggestions:

Reputation points: Good for ridding the forums of evil posters and such.
They tried that (search for Karma) but decided it didn't work...
Profile card: Click on the topic author so what ever in the main fourm and get a pop-up with a little card of details about that person.
That's doable by template hackery
Optinal post disable in some forums: Good foir having a spam forum for fun idead of people who just want thier post count up.
That's already in, I think
Thread desrcbions: for people who want to have a little describtion under their thread.
Devs have said that they don't like this feature.
Thread ratings: 1 out of 10 isn't a good thing....
Dunno about this one.
Partical lock: for if you want only certain people to post in a forum
Can't you just use permissions?
Better and bigger use control pannel: more options and more profile customizeation and such..
Well, the control panel is indeed bigger and better - check it out :)

Amorya

CoreIssue

Post by CoreIssue »

Reputation points on a discussion and debate board are non starters. They discourage participation when an individual or group with an agenda use it to make people who disagree with them look bad.

Whitegreek

Post by Whitegreek »

Its worked on other forum engines, one of my favourite forums have reputation points which works well. Yes there is the occasional person who ruins it but if its done right with indivdual reputation blocks and such it'll work fine. It should be a optional feature so that only forums that want it can have it.

grrrlromeo

Post by grrrlromeo »

It should be a mod.

I didn't like the reputation game in high school and I wouldn't like it now.