Export Posts To Text

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
Kaoness

Export Posts To Text

Post by Kaoness »

I do not know if this has been discussed or not. My searching was to no avail.

But...

My wife and I are writing a book with some friends using PHPBB as the pen and the paper.

When we are done, as opposed to letting an editor read 5000 posts, I would like to be able to export the entire contents of the posts themselves to a text file, Html page or something similar.

Is it possible?
Likely?
Stupid?

blobber

Re: Export Posts To Text

Post by blobber »

Kaoness wrote: I do not know if this has been discussed or not. My searching was to no avail.

But...

My wife and I are writing a book with some friends using PHPBB as the pen and the paper.

When we are done, as opposed to letting an editor read 5000 posts, I would like to be able to export the entire contents of the posts themselves to a text file, Html page or something similar.

Is it possible?
Likely?
Stupid?

it's quite possible and pretty simple, too - you'll mainly want to run a simple SQL query against the corresponding tables to export only the postings themselves in plain text format. You can probably find various MODs at phpBB.com that do exactly this already. Apart from that, it's really not a big deal to implement, so just in case that you shouldn't be able to find existing solutions for this, feel free to get back to me, so that I can provide you with a corresponding patch file.

Besides, the "print view" of a thread can most likely already do what you need, too.

mattrock

Post by mattrock »

Hi. This post is five years old, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway...

Any further luck or solution to this request? I'm looking for almost the exact solution. I'm looking for a way to export all my posts into a text file (word. notepad. whatever I can get).

Thanks, and hope to pick this thread back up from the dead! :)

Cheers,
matt

igorw

Post by igorw »

I suggest you try the MOD Requests Forum on phpBB.com. If you're willing to spend a little money, there are team members offering paid services in their signatures on phpBB.com.

jmt200

Post by jmt200 »

Has anyone had luck with this? There is a WordPress plugin that exports all postings into a text spreadsheet file.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

jmt200 wrote:Has anyone had luck with this? There is a WordPress plugin that exports all postings into a text spreadsheet file.
No luck at all. If you want this functionality you'll have to use a MOD or an extension.